Amazon and Inventory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon and Inventory

I am hoping that 3dCart is looking at this issue -- 3dcart-Victor -- I had raised it before but it is a big issue for me and has caused overselling on my part because of the way 3dCart handles inventory for Amazon orders.

Let me explain. I have 6 of an item and all 6 are available on both my storefront and Amazon. An order comes through for one of them on Amazon and now the inventory is listed as: 6 (1 on hold) -- according to my 3dcart store, 6 are STILL available when they are not. It does not change to 5 until the Amazon order is marked as shipped. This becomes a greater problem when you have a long weekend and now all of a sudden you have 30 Amazon orders taking inventory, yet they are not. If of the 5 left, they all sell between the storefront and Amazon, you are suddenly oversold. So I'm having to manually remove one from inventory when I get an Amazon order, which when shipped reduces it by one and now I'm one under what I should be. I'm not sure why Amazon orders are not treated the same way as storefront orders from an inventory standpoint.
    Joe Arbogast
    http://www.birdsafestore.com

I submitted a ticket also. It's so odd that 3dcart records items "On hold", but while at the same time, they can't deduct from the ON HAND. The idea of deducting after it ships seems odd to me. I'm with you....deduct immediately...after all, it's rare to have an Amazon order cancelled. It's going to ship.

Comment

Hello Birdsafe

I read your post and checked some information regarding the amazon sync to verify how it's geared to work. If you are using the amazon order integration it doesn't update the inventory just brings the orders over from amazon. If there is a ticket open regarding this I can further investigate or have someone look into it.

robschlein

Have you received an answer for the ticket you submitted? If the order that's waiting for shipping is canceled or deleted it should update the on hold number. The same should happen if you go to the order in the store and update the quantity.

Comment

3dcart-William -- Thank you - I do not have a ticket open because the system was running "as designed" Not sure if you want a ticket for what essentially would be a design change in how inventory is tracked. But it DOES update inventory once the order is marked as shipped.
        Joe Arbogast
        http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

William, it's a design flaw. Once AMZ submits the order, the onhand needs to be deducted. If the order cancels, it can be restored.

Comment

robschlein I just want to confirm we are on the same page with this. The module you are currently using is the : https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...er-integration ? If so this is just to centralize the order and doesn't sync the inventory between your amazon and 3dcart store.

Comment

Yes, this is the module. Presently it updates the "Hold" quantity without deducting the units available causing oversales. All 3dcart needs to do is update the Onhand field at the same time.

Comment

The inventory from Amazon is not sync with this module, if the on hold is being changed due to the order integration please submit a support ticket with an example order so we can look further into this. We will need to correct that if its happening.

Comment

3dcart-William I think you are confusing the inventory at Amazon, which is NOT updated, with the QOH at 3dcart which should be updated once an order comes in from Amazon. robschlein It appears that currently when the order comes it, the QOH is put on hold, when the order is marked as shipped the inventory is deducted. In the integration module you can set the order status when the order comes down. Maybe set it to Shipped. I am not sure what the consequences will be with updating the status and tracking numbers at Amazon.

Comment

Working...
                  X