Stoneedge & 3dCart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoneedge & 3dCart

I am still testing my new 3dcart store and have a question re: order manager.
    I've tested the order import and all seems good so far. We do all of our processing/shipping/billing thru order manager. I can't see a way to send order status back to 3d. My existing store is miva merchant and the option to send status back to miva is on the cart setup screen in OM. I don't see anything like that on the 3d cart setup screen.
    Help anyone?

Marisa
    www.goldkeydecor.com

tracking number

When you process Tracking Numbers in Order Manager, it will automatically send the tracking number back to 3dCart and changed the status to shipped.

Comment

Hey
      I already did that. It's very simple, just add a status in StoneEdge : shipped
      In List maintenance.

Then in Order Status of Setup wizard, you just need to set the events on which you want your status to change.
      Example: order add tracking number : item Status shipped. Order status = shipped. and check notify cart.

That works great for us.
      However, our tracking numbers are imported from UPS worldship automatically, and i need to edit tracking numbers one by one to change the status.

I couldn't figure out how to set the status to shipped in stoneEdge when tracking numbers exported from UPS worldship ...

Anyone knows how to do it ???

Comment

That only works if you have purchased the Order Status System, correct?

Comment

what purchase of Order Status System ?
          You mean in StoneEdge ? It should be included in your Order Manager, but maybe then depending on your version

Comment

Hmmmm . . . maybe I'll continue this on the Stone Edge forum. I have some questions. :)

Comment

Doesn't require our web service (Order Status System) to post status changes to 3dCart. The only requirement is that you match status names (e.g. "Shipped") between OM and 3dCart. You can actually have the system change statuses based on the events in "Status Events" w/o being an OSS subscriber, though you lose the main benefit of OSS - ie, provide any status label you like to any order from any sales channel, be it 3dCart, a manual order, or eBay/Amazon/etc, and give the customer a customizable status display page.

Synchronizing to 3dCart is provided as a convenience for shoppers that would rather return to the original order site and use 3dCart's existing status tracking system, and this is largely a matter of preference by the merchant.

Hope that helps,

Mark Setzer
              Stone Edge Technologies, Inc.
              http://www.stoneedge.com
              Last edited by Mark Setzer; 04-17-2008, 09:21 AM. Reason: added sig

Comment

Wow! That just shows you how much "stuff" the Order Manager does! We've been running it for a year and didn't even know that--learning something new every day and couldn't live without it! :)

Comment

I'm still not getting this to work properly.
                  I matched the status in OM(shipped) with 3D and set it to notify cart. I mark the order to shipped, but I don't see anything changing in 3D. It looks like everything is set up properly in OM to sign in to the 3D server.(I am downloading orders with no problems).
                  Anybody who can help? Mark?

..Marisa
                  goldkeydecor.com

Comment

Hey Marisa

You should check if there is any errors when OM try to send the status to 3dCart.
                    You can check that with the Stack Controller Status.
                    To open that, you have to Press : Ctrl+Shift+S when you are on the main menu in OM.
                    It should tell you something like : There are : X records on the stack.
                    Then click ok, then click Yes to open the web stack viewer.

There, you should see in the error log, the reason of why the status has not been updated in 3dCart.
                    It can be : password incorrect, url incorrect ....

Comment

Got it finally!
                      Thanks everyone for your help.

Marisa
                      goldkeydecor.com

Comment

Glad you figured this out Marisa. As someone who is considering OM for use down the road, I would like to know what the final solution was, that is if you don't mind sharing. I am particularly interested to know if the solution came about as a result of checking the logs.

Comment

Originally posted by mueller View Post
                          Glad you figured this out Marisa. As someone who is considering OM for use down the road, I would like to know what the final solution was, that is if you don't mind sharing. I am particularly interested to know if the solution came about as a result of checking the logs.
                          I followed the instructions given exactly re: setting up the status events and then checked all the parameters re: stack controller. One of them wasn't correct... I forget exactly what is was.. the one that determines if you use the local or external stack controller.

Now to figure out how to pass the tracking numbers to 3d from OM! And I'm having problems sending emails from OM.. but I think that is an ISP problem.

..Marisa
                          www.goldkeydecor.com

Comment

And I'm having problems sending emails from OM.. but I think that is an ISP problem.
                            Check to see if you can change the port you are using to send emails. Often cable companies and other ISP's block the standard port (I think port 25). See if there is an alternate port available. HTH

Comment

We've just started using this feature as a result of this thread. We've been using SEOM for over a year, and didn't even know of this capability--now we are able to update the orders all at once and send the tracking numbers--saved a lot of time and error in doing it manually! :)

What trouble are you having in sending the tracking numbers?

Comment

Working...
                              X