Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we need to set up TaxJar integration.. It has a better price and performance than Avalara...Avalara asking $1000+/month just for displaying right tax amount in the checkout...and Tax returns are separated...Another solution Taxcloud, their billing and calculation is not so much accurate, I gave up after 3-4 months... 3dcart should connect with Taxjar

Comment

We need more solutions that Avalara. I would think a lot of 3dcart stores are facing the same issues as we are. We need to collect sales tax in about 4 states only. It would be nice to have the option of using TaxCloud where you can get the correct rates and file for hundreds of dollars a year instead of thousands. When will we see TaxCloud integration?

Comment

3dCart is integrated with TaxCloud: https://apps.3dcart.com/tax-cloud-connector.html

Comment

The problem with TaxCloud is how discounts are handled. From 3dcart's KB page:
          "Please be aware that Tax Cloud handles discounts a bit differently than the 3dcart store will. When an order contains a discount, the Tax Cloud system will expect the discount amounts to be diluted among the items of the order. Your 3dcart store however will treat discounts as a separate line item on the order. Due to this incompatibility, discounts cannot be calculated using the Tax Cloud system and 3dcart."

Comment

I really hope something happens with TaxJar. It is such a superior service / system to TaxCloud and Avalara. Please, anyone reading this, bang the drum loudly to 3d and TaxJar so that they get moving on this. As more people come online to charge sales tax, trust me when I tell you that you want TaxJar and no other company handling your sales tax calculations / submissions.

Comment

Is there any hope that Taxjar will be integrated with 3dcart or is the issue dead? Avalara is too costly.

Comment

Hey Jim , I spoke with Jimmy about this, and they are creating a more robust tax api this year, so taxjar can be used as the calculation engine. I, personally, am going to go with Avalara because their plan to file / pay taxes in the 45 states (we will be registered in all) is significantly less than Taxjar. +'s and -'s for both of these services. I guess each person will have to choose what is the best scenario for them. I hope that helps.

Comment

Collecting Tax in the specific state products are shipping is becoming more of an issue. Several states already require this an more states coming very soon.

What is the best app to use with 3dcart?

Comment

Nader I am using Avalara but I am extremely low volume and don't qualify as a nexus anywhere outside my home state (I was close to CA for number of shipments, but they made changes to the requirement so now I am safe there phew). I am only using Avalara for my home state because we have over 300 stupid tax districts and I need them to be calculated for me. So far the Avalara integration seems to work well though.

Comment

Another update today but no Taxjar integration. Is this even going to happen? Other sales tax programs are way too expensive or not accurate. Using Taxjar with another cart and they are great.Now manually entering 3dcart sales into Taxjar quarterly. As sales increase I will have to switch carts as manual is too much work. Cheaper to move site then pay Avalara costs.

Comment

Taxjar could be done already, but they are not interested in integrating with us. We have an API, they can integrate the same way they did to other platforms.
                        ----------------------------
                        Gonzalo Gil
                        3dCart Support
                        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Last time I phoned Taxjar about integrating with 3dCart they stated that 3dCart wanted Taxjar to fund the full integration. Taxjar stated that's not their business model.

This was their latest email sent to us.

At this time, we don't have an integration for 3dcart, but if you have access to developer resources, you can send us your sales and tax data via our SmartCalcs API.
                          • If you don't have the development resources, you can import sales from platforms outside of our direct integrations using a CSV file formatted according to the guidelines we list here.
                          • You can also contact 3dcart's support and ask them to consider using our SmartCalcs API to make it easy for us to directly download your transaction data into your TaxJar account. You can send them our Developer details for more information.
                          I can't promise that this is something we'd add (or that support for this is on our immediate roadmap), but we are always listening to customer feedback and many of our new features are driven by customer requests. I will definitely share this with our team and we'll let you know if we have an update about this in the future!

Seems it will never happen.

Comment

Can we set up ziptax instead? http://zip-tax.com/pricing their price looks great..

Comment

It has been a while since I have posted here, but I continue to hold hope that 3d will work things out with taxjar. I switched to avalara last year because I was concerned that taxjar wasn't integrated with 3d and was trying to make things 'easier' for my company. Fast forward a year and I can't wait to go back to taxjar. Avalara has an antiquated system called trustfile, which is an old and slowly disintegrating system that avalara admits to being a legacy system that they are not willing to update because their new systems are 3-5x the current price and have more account manager involvement. Trust file doesn't even integrate with eBay for crying out loud, not to mention a bunch of states that require monthly filings which I now have to do myself - Colorado is PAINFUL. As the states continually update their rules / systems, avalara / trustfile are not adapting with them, so this has caused more than what I would call a pain point. Our contract ends in march and so will my involvement with avalara. TaxJar has 1 system that is continually being updated / improved, so if they could just plug into 3dCart, it would be an end to end tax collection and submission service for us.

Comment

Another quick update. It is official... we have cancelled our Avalara annual service and signed up for TaxJar to pull in / submit all of our state filings. The only thing that is not included are our orders from 3dCart, which can be done manually, but I am holding hope that this gets figured out this year. As I was going through my cancellation process, I had 2 different groups come online and ask me why I was discontinuing service. Both parties agreed that their automated solution is not being kept up to date as they move to a hybrid model that is much more labor intensive, and would cost us $18k / year. TaxJar will be 1/3 of that, and that is including the filing in 40 states, many of which are monthly and very complicated. This is becoming a must have service for 3dCart users, so again I am banging the drum and praying that 3d and TJ come together in a kumbaya moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X