Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart's service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing [email protected] so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
* Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
* While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
* We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
* Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
* We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
* Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

Invoicing App?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invoicing App?

Has anyone discovered a way to send a payable invoice?

Authorize.net or PayPal, they have this feature.
    Luxlife

Comment

Originally posted by Luxlife View Post
      Authorize.net or PayPal, they have this feature.
      yes but they are not intergrated into 3dcart so your order wont show. You will have to make the invoice in another system and send it, then build it into 3dcart if you want to track it.

That was my favorite and most used part of shopify!

Comment

amrboss, just to confirm, what you are looking for is for you to say create an order, and send the invoice to the customer to pay....and when they pay, the order is placed?

----------------------------
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by amrboss View Post

yes but they are not intergrated into 3dcart so your order wont show. You will have to make the invoice in another system and send it, then build it into 3dcart if you want to track it.

That was my favorite and most used part of shopify!
          You are correct. We had the following in mind:

Set up a custom offline payment method, similar to purchase order. After the customer, or you, places the order on the website or as a phone order, 3dCart automatically emails the invoice to the customer. The merchant collects the payment by using that Order Number on the payable invoice generated through Authorize.net Stripe, PayPal, etc. After the customer pays, process as usual but enter the manual payment on the order to note how it was paid. This provides a reference on the order to keep track of the payment details. Everything else, including inventory, is normal.

This is not ideal but it could help until 3dCart integrates an automatic invoice system. Perhaps they have with the 9.1 update.
          Luxlife

Comment

Yeah they are probably going to lose me as a customer. Im going to mod the heck out of our shopify store. since they can use a invoice system properly.

Comment

I think what you are looking for is this:
              Phone Order "Get a Quote" System

Some businesses rely on providing customers with quoted pricing for various services or products, and need to be able to create customer-specific pricing quotes on a situational basis. With Version 9.1, 3dcart merchants on the Pro plan or higher can access our new Phone Order "Get a Quote" System which allows retailers to offer quoted pricing that works similarly to an order. The customer can then complete the order if they choose to accept the quote.

Which is on version 9.1 https://blog.3dcart.com/3dcart-version-9.1

I can try to get your store updated quicker if you PM me your store URL
              ----------------------------
              Gonzalo Gil
              3dCart Support
              800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
                I think what you are looking for is this:
                Phone Order "Get a Quote" System

Some businesses rely on providing customers with quoted pricing for various services or products, and need to be able to create customer-specific pricing quotes on a situational basis. With Version 9.1, 3dcart merchants on the Pro plan or higher can access our new Phone Order "Get a Quote" System which allows retailers to offer quoted pricing that works similarly to an order. The customer can then complete the order if they choose to accept the quote.

Which is on version 9.1 https://blog.3dcart.com/3dcart-version-9.1

I can try to get your store updated quicker if you PM me your store URL
                I will PM you now. I love many things with 3dcart and leaving shopify is a HUGE deal for me. We are still live on shopify but have been paying for 3dcart

Comment

We are on a pro plan and have 329,335 products partly loaded currently.

Comment

Yeah they are probably going to lose me as a customer. Im going to mod the heck out of our shopify store. since they can use a invoice system properly.
                    Please share why you are leaving Shopify. What other shopping carts did you consider? Why did you select 3dCart?
                    Luxlife

Comment

Please share why you are leaving Shopify. What other shopping carts did you consider? Why did you select 3dCart?
                      We are an automotive store. So we have many many man levels of categories. Shopify does not allow categories it has smart collections. But what this doesnt allow are Trees that are navigable. Shopify is a great system. Its incredibly fast. Id say 25x faster than my 3dcart has shown so far which I am hoping is also fixed with the new update.

I looked at all the major companies. Volusion, Big Commerce, Shopify, + many more. Most either did not have the features that 3dcart promises, or they were a self hosting like magneto. I can see myself moving over to magneto in the future but not at this time. That would be a $20,000+ website build I am sure.

So reasons for leaving shopify. 1. No categories and this is a HUGE one. 2. No wholesale level or ability unless you are on their enterprise account. 3. Only 100 variants per item. So options on items were VERY limited. 4. You have to pay for affliates, and many other small options which I think we can add to 3dcart without paying more.

Good things about it? SPEED. INVOICING is built into the core structure and runs perfectly. SIMPLE you dont get caught up in 100 things you dont need its simplified.

Comment

We are an automotive store. So we have many many man levels of categories. Shopify does not allow categories it has smart collections. But what this doesnt allow are Trees that are navigable. Shopify is a great system. Its incredibly fast. Id say 25x faster than my 3dcart has shown so far which I am hoping is also fixed with the new update.

I looked at all the major companies. Volusion, Big Commerce, Shopify, + many more. Most either did not have the features that 3dcart promises, or they were a self hosting like magneto. I can see myself moving over to magneto in the future but not at this time. That would be a $20,000+ website build I am sure.

So reasons for leaving shopify. 1. No categories and this is a HUGE one. 2. No wholesale level or ability unless you are on their enterprise account. 3. Only 100 variants per item. So options on items were VERY limited. 4. You have to pay for affliates, and many other small options which I think we can add to 3dcart without paying more.

Good things about it? SPEED. INVOICING is built into the core structure and runs perfectly. SIMPLE you dont get caught up in 100 things you dont need its simplified.
                        Trying to picture the structure on Shopify and navigating 329,335 products: Are you able to break large Smart Collections into sub-collections creating a Parent-Child relationship? If so, are you saying there is no built in navigation between collection and sub-collection; all collections are at the same level, there is no hierarchy?
                        Luxlife

Comment

Trying to picture the structure on Shopify and navigating 329,335 products: Are you able to break large Smart Collections into sub-collections creating a Parent-Child relationship? If so, are you saying there is no built in navigation between collection and sub-collection; all collections are at the same level, there is no hierarchy?
                          Oh it works terribly and only with a huge time taking work around and then not that well.

Comment

But somehow it is still light years ahead in speed

Comment

But somehow it is still light years ahead in speed
                              Are you still operating the store on Shopify? Or have you moved it all and launched on 3dCart?
                              Luxlife

Comment

Working...
                              X