X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dcartadmin
    replied
    Pat,
    Yes you can use the shared for now, until you are ready to move over the domain at which time you can transfer over the certificate.

Leave a comment:

• Pat Cotter
    replied
    One last SSL question. I'm not too strong on this. I currently have another shopping cart and will be running both for a few weeks. I have my own Thawte certificate on that one, that is related to my primary domain name. I was thinking of setting up 3D cart with a secondary domain name and then changing over when I close the other store. Would the easiest be if I just use a shared certificate for now? I believe its correct that the certificate goes with the domain name, is that right?

Pat

Leave a comment:

• GonzaloGil
    replied
    The 2 that we sell are from GeoTrust, however, you can get your own certificate if you like from Verisign or Thawte, they cost 2-3 times more though :).

There is a new type of certificate which will be coming out soon, its going to be a bit of work to get it (they will have to verify your identity etc) its called High Assurance SSL, and its mainly for new browsers (ie7+), take a look here:

http://www.verisign.com/ssl/ssl-info...ity/index.html

Leave a comment:

• dynoJean
    replied
    What other (besides Geotrust) SSL certs can we with use on 3DC? Are there big price differences? Hope I haven't posted this 3x. Forum is verrrry slow tonight?

Leave a comment:

• dynoJean
    replied
    What other (besides Geotrust) SSL certs can with use on 3DC? Are there big price differences?

Leave a comment:

• GonzaloGil
    replied
    Included with 3dcart service is a shared certificate, the store URL will change to:

yourdomain.3dcartstores.com when going to checkout.

If you get your own certificate then domain will stay www.yourcompany.com at checkout.

The difference between the regular and premium is that with premium you get a dynamic seal you can place on your store that displays today's date saying your site is secure. (You can still place a seal with the regular certificate but its not a dynamic seal with today's date)

Leave a comment:

• Pat Cotter
    started a topic Ssl

Ssl

If I use the free shared certificate, do the checkout and other secure pages have my design and my URL? If this is not the case, I assume I need my own SSL certificate for that - are there other advantages? What does Geo Trust Premium include? Sorry if this is on the website, I couldn't find it.

Pat
Working...
X