Promotions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotions

Can promotions be set up to apply when the order total in $ is over a set amount? It appears in the help files that it is over a certain number of items or a number of orders but I can't find how to offer say, free shipping if its over an amount in $.

Pat
    Pat Cotter

The Preemie Store

Hi Pat,
    Yes, you can do that...

You would set the order amount to be between say 100 and 9999, meaning, for this promotion to take effect, order must be $100 or more...(up to 9999$).

(There are 2 settings, # of items, and Order amount. Order amount = $ amount of order, not how many orders the customer placed, i think this is where the confusion is...)

Then you would check the "FREE SHIPPING" option.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Ok, I think your instructions are confusing then - it says
      Applies for orders over
      If this promotion has a minimum number of orders requirement, enter that amount. If the order requirement applies to a specified items, check the Specified Items Only checkbox.

Also, I tried it and didn't seem to work. I enabled it, set it to free shipping, orders from $50 to $500. Then I ordered enough to be over $50, calculated shipping, started checkout and still saw a shipping charge. Do I have to finish to have it go away or am I missing something....

Pat
      Pat Cotter

The Preemie Store

Comment

Pat,
        Yes, I see that, i will have that corrected.

You need to make sure of a couple of things:

1) The date range you defined is valid
        2) The maximum uses is more than 1
        3) The maximum uses per customer is 1 or more
        4) The promotion must be enabled (check box enables it when you go to Marketing -> Promotions)

Comment

While you can put the free shipping under your promotions, I feel if you are going to keep it for the foreseeable future it is better to create a free shipping option under custom shipping methods.

Just wanted to make you aware of another option.

Comment

Working...
          X