Custom File Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom File Names

I'm testing 3dcart for a move from another provider and was wondering if the custom file names would save me from having to do the 301 redirects on all my pages.

I put in a file name like this: Product_ABC_p/st-123.htm and it seems to work, but the instructions say I can't put in this type of a name.

Instructions say: Custom file names cannot contain capital letters, spaces, or multiple forward slashes

If my test cart shows it going to the page, will it work when I change to a paid for store?

Am I misunderstanding the instructions in some way?

This would be a huge help in moving the store.

Hello,
    That link can work, but, the problem is that since it inside a "sub folder" "Product_ABC_p/" then links and images may not work correctly. ie.
    Images referenced in the manner

assets/images/image.jpg

would translate to

/product_ABC_p/assets/images/image.jpg

and so images won't work.

Now, the easy way to fix it is to make sure in front of every link, image, you add a forward slash, so, instead of a link to "view_cart.asp" make the link to "/view_cart.asp" etc.

So, as you can see, while possible, it would require you to make some changes and for this reason we prefer you don't use folders on the custom file names, but its entirely possible to use them if you make some modifications.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Gonzalo-

Would these changes break with version upgrades?

Comment

No, these changes would not break version upgrades.
        ----------------------------
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Working...
        X