Conversion Rates Steady?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion Rates Steady?

I am wondering if any merchants with 3D have seen any recent drops in their stores conversion rates. Have you noticed a decrease in sales over the last month or two? Or, are your sales and conversion rates steady?

Steady. Pretty much the same over the last few months.

Comment

Higher conversions and higher sales. That's normal for this time of the year for us.

Comment

2013 was my worst year in 13 years of business. Our holiday season was even worse than the rest of the year and we were really counting on it. Kind of at a loss as to how that happened because we usually make the majority of our sales during the holidays. I'm really hoping 2014 is better and thankful that I have little overhead and no employees to pay.

Even with my old html craptastic cart I had 2-3 sales on a slow day. Now I'm going for 2-3 days with no sales with 3dcart. I can see the traffic coming in (I am watching it in real time), but the conversion to sales is awful.

Comment

Do you know what your specific conversion rate? Mine was around 1.0-1.2% when I launched my 3DCart site, but I've pulled that up to around 1.9-2.0% through optimization since then.

Comment

I checked Nov-Dec of last year and the conversion rate for me was 0.48%. =( <gets in her screaming closet>

Comment

Questions to consider:

1. Have you ever had higher sales with your 3dCart site? Or it's been low since you moved over.

2. Looking at Analytics, where do you lose people? Cart, payment, or ?

3. All traffic is not created equally. Could you have lost rankings on some traffic that used to get customers? Same for Paid Traffic?

4. Use usertesting.com and pay some people to go through your site, and your competitors.

5. Is Amazon now selling directly against you?

6. Find out why people buy from you. Do a survey of your last 50 customers. The answer may surprise you. Change your site accordingly.

7. Start testing your site pages, and see what works.

Originally posted by Danab View Post
              2013 was my worst year in 13 years of business. Our holiday season was even worse than the rest of the year and we were really counting on it. Kind of at a loss as to how that happened because we usually make the majority of our sales during the holidays. I'm really hoping 2014 is better and thankful that I have little overhead and no employees to pay.

Even with my old html craptastic cart I had 2-3 sales on a slow day. Now I'm going for 2-3 days with no sales with 3dcart. I can see the traffic coming in (I am watching it in real time), but the conversion to sales is awful.

Comment

What I did to pull my conversion rate up was to go through my own checkout process over and over and remove anything that would be potentially confusing, superfluous, or annoying to a customer. Basically I minimized it and removed as many fields as possible. This will require some template coding know-how, though.

Comment

Cbsteven,

I have been doing the same thing. I have been re-wording the cart, checkout, error messages and the customer e-mails. I am hoping to be able to figure out what is going on. My template was missing so many things that it is supposed to have like H1 tags, rich snippets etc. and I've got most of them working (except rich snippet price so I haven't activated them on my main template). Don't know if the OP has checked these.......

I was previously on a free cart with no database and old fashioned html. I had to manually update each product page as it sold and it was a huge amount of work. Then I swapped to 3dcart in 8/13 for PCI compliance and streamlining of the process. Sales have gone down since then.

I am hoping this is an economy thing. I mainly sell jewelry and craft products. It seems some of the other posters are in the same markets. So far the only feedback I've gotten from customers at checkourt is cookie problem related. I really hate that cookies mess up the orders. I edited that error message to try and combat it too.

Comment

I really wish 3d would fix up the checkout! It is so behind the times. It is cumbersome, slow, overloaded and is confusing to a lot of shoppers, because it doesn't look like the rest of the carts out there. The one page is really awful for a one page checkout and the full checkout just has too much clutter.

It needs a major overhaul!

Comment

Originally posted by cierrac View Post
                      I really wish 3d would fix up the checkout! It is so behind the times. It is cumbersome, slow, overloaded and is confusing to a lot of shoppers, because it doesn't look like the rest of the carts out there. The one page is really awful for a one page checkout and the full checkout just has too much clutter.

It needs a major overhaul!
                      I've been fighting with them for over a year on exactly that.

Comment

I happen to disagree, we considered important usability factors when creating our Single Page Checkout, and from merchants that have switched from other solutions we actually received great feedback in regards to improved conversion rates.

It'll be great to go over specifics of the parts that you consider issues, as always we're glad to consider any constructive feedback.

Perhaps some of the things you dislike on the checkout process are specific to the styles and language on your site and could be manipulated via HTML.

Comment

Somethings I consider issues for singlepage checkout
                          1. Changing your state removes your zip code (can probably be fixed in javascript so not a huge deal)
                          2. Any changes in shipping after inputting credit card information requires you to reinput your credit card information. We've actually had complaints from customers about having to input their credit card information more than once. And found that this is the reason why.
                          Michael

JES Restaurant Equipment

Comment

Jimmy, there are quite a few improvements you could make to checkout.
                            • Clarify the coupon box is also the gift cert box. True, this can be modified, but it shouldn't be confusing out of the box.
                            • Add the ability to apply a coupon/gift cert on the payment page. We get countless number of questions about this.
                            • De-clutter and modernize the aesthetics. Lots of extra info not needed and the pages all look 5+ years old. True, this can all be fixed after the fact, but other carts have this out of the box.
                            • Guest checkout isn't obvious.

I see other carts continually improving their checkout pages to keep up with modern usability and conversion techniques. 3dcart checkout pages look the same as when we moved to you years ago.
                            Last edited by wcsjohn; 03-18-2014, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Frankly, I agree with what is being said about the checkout.

I have noticed you often disagree with consensus feedback on the platform. Frankly I do not understand this, dealing with customer perception by dismissal usually has the opposite of the desired effect. Good product stewardship cannot be derived from entrenched attachment. I apologize for stating it in such terms, and I hope I do not offend you. But I do wish to make my point explicitly: there is not a sufficient dialog or feedback loop.

We have no clue what features are coming, or what is prioritized. Usually we do not find out until after updates. Even documentation comes out afterwards. Sometimes weeks.

Apart from actual features, dialog is a key way to create and maintain customer loyalty and keep users. It is lacking.

By the way, if this gets punted to chit-chat, it will validate this.

I would prefer management involvement on the forum was not to blunt negative discussion on features, instead to be in a larger and more positive context. An example would be to guide a discussion on the what is needed on the next iteration of checkout. Assuming that it will iterate at some point.

BP
                              Last edited by Brtp4; 03-18-2014, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X