301 Redirects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 301 Redirects

Is there a way within the admin area to set up 301 redirects? I have hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of links I would need to redirect but I dont see a way to do this. I was looking for a way to build a file them import it.

Yes, you can do this. Here's a link with more information:

https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=188

I know there's a way to create a file that can be imported, but I'm not sure if tech support handles the importing or if it's something that we can do as well.

Comment

https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...barticleid=498

Has info. about importing them.

Comment

301 Redirect from ProStores to 3DCart

I have been trying to configure this, but keep getting errors.

- URL is invalid.
        - Mapped URL is invalid.

I followed the directions in the Knowledge Base, on the forum, 3D Tech Support, but was wondering if the process was slightly different for ProStores url import.

Looking for input from former ProStores merchants. :confused:

Comment

for PS it should be as follows:
          for store front:
          URL : servlet/StoreFront
          mapped URL : home.asp

About us/ contact us etc:
          URL: servlet/the-template/about/Page
          mapped URL: About-Us.html

For product pages:
          URL: servlet/the-xx/your-item-from-ps/Detail
          mapped URL: product.asp?itemid=xx

Make sure what's in blue is unique to your own situation and needs to be changed accordingly.

Hope this helps
          Elegant Weddings +
          www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
          www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Redirect Issue

Thanks ElegantWeddings. I have all the URLs from the main categories, stripped the domain name and trailing / from them....no matter what I do I still get that error message. VERY frustrating! I'm beginning to think there's a technical issue within the admin of the site in question (not mine). I will try one last time.

Comment

Cindy,
              Sending you my main pages 301 template. It imported with no errors. Hopefully it will help you figure out why yours is acting up. I through a few category lines in it for you.

David
              David
              David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Update

I got it to work yesterday. ONE minor error in my list kept the entire list from uploading. Thanks for everyone's help.

Comment

Good to hear!
                  If the mistake you had on your feed is a common one can you please share it here? I know there few others transferring from PS had difficulties with the 301 redirect. :)
                  Elegant Weddings +
                  www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                  www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Easy Fix

There was ONE duplicate record. I opened the file, used the sort descending function on the urls from PS, found the problem, deleted it.

BTW - a few sent me PMs that used the full url from both PS and 3D. I deleted the domain name off the old and new urls, as the Knowledge Base suggested. The full url may work, but I suspect there is a reason for the short version.

Comment

Originally posted by celebra1 View Post
                      I got it to work yesterday. ONE minor error in my list kept the entire list from uploading. Thanks for everyone's help.
                      Anyone knows on what the error is and how he was able to resolve it http://imagicon.info/cat/5-6/vbulletin-redface.gif?
                      Last edited by satnavcompany; 09-29-2011, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Anyone knows on what the error is? and how he was able to resolve it?
                        I believe celebra1 answered that: "There was ONE duplicate record. I opened the file, used the sort descending function on the urls from PS, found the problem, deleted it."

Hope that helps. Are you having problems with 301's?

Comment

Working...
                        X