This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New features for $$$$

We are still in the process of setting up our store, and we have been impressed with 3d cart.

The 3.2.2 release is very scary to us. Does this mean that all new good features are going to cost us hundreds of dollars?

Category filters $500
    Recurring orders $500 + 100 per month
    Advanced search $60 (Doable)
    3d Reminders $400

I thought user voice was for enhancing this shopping cart, not to give 3d cart ideas on how to milk us for money.

I commend the concept of allowing 3rd party developers to create apps for 3dcart, but not for 3dcart itself to nickle and dime (more like $500 dollar) us for every new good feature.

I hope this does not mean the end of development for 3d cart and a new direction where we have to pay for every new feature.

Hi elightbox,

At 3dcart we're committed with having the most complete ecommerce solution in the market, so we're always improving our software. This year we switched our product update strategy to periodic updates and releases to the base 3DCart product. Now, rather than waiting for a major upgrade every 6 to 12 months such as the recent 3.1 to 3.2 upgrade; you can expect periodic updates to the product every 6 to 8 weeks which will incorporate new features, added functionality and bug fixes in a timelier manner.

Many of the features currently in 3dcart and in the works for the next releases come from suggestions from our customers from http://3dcart.uservoice.com, Checkout By Amazon is the perfect example of a new feature requested from our users.

In addition to powerful new features like the Mobile Store, or Social Commerce tools, we've always offered add-ons to enhance your online store beyond the basic functionality. Great tools like the Store Locator, Category Filters and Recurring Orders have been offered for over 2 years, but just recently we were able to launch our Ecommerce App Store to make all our merchants aware of these additional plugins.

Many of these are simplified versions of online services provided by other companies, where an Advanced Ecommerce Search ranges from $8,000 to $35,000 per year with companies like SLI or Google Ecommerce Search, we're able to bring these to 3dcart merchants for $60/month.

We have many exciting things planned out for 2011 that will help our merchants grow their businesses and increase sales. You can be confident that at 3dcart we would only promote add-ons or third-party solutions that are cost-effective and that will add value to your online store.

Jimmy Rodriguez
    Last edited by jimmy3dcart; 12-23-2010, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jim View Post
      In addition to powerful new features like the Mobile Store, or Social Commerce tools, we've always offered add-ons to enhance your online store beyond the basic functionality. Great tools like the Store Locator, Category Filters and Recurring Orders have been offered for over 2 years, but just recently we were able to launch our Ecommerce App Store to make all our merchants aware of this additional plugins.
      When I signed on I was told features like the category filter were going to be available and I thought this would be perfect for one of the shops. Then, 3ish months later it comes out but at a fee.

Spin it how you want Jimmy but you need to make sure your sales reps are up front about features and costs associated with them.

Comment

Working...
      X