Cart to Cart and images?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cart to Cart and images?

I used Cart to Cart to convert my products from Volusion to 3D, The problem is it put all my images as external links from Volusion. I need the images locally on 3D so I can eventually shut down my Volusion store.

Is there an easy way to convert the external image links to locally stored images?

You should be able to export your products via 3d's export to csv function, alter the path's for images, and re-import the CSV. I'm still a relative newbie with 3D's export/import features, but I've managed to do a similar operation a couple of times now. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by tmilone103 View Post
      I used Cart to Cart to convert my products from Volusion to 3D, The problem is it put all my images as external links from Volusion. I need the images locally on 3D so I can eventually shut down my Volusion store.

Is there an easy way to convert the external image links to locally stored images?
      You might be able to use htttrack http://www.httrack.com/ to download your volusion site (every image, page, etc.)
      Then, upload your /v/images folder via FTP to 3dcart.

Then, you'll have to do a export of your products, fix the image path (probably search/replace http://yourdomain.com/v/images/ to /assets/images/, and update the product image paths.
      ----------------------------
      Gonzalo Gil
      3dCart Support
      800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Your images on volusion are in one folder, so just ftp them out with a ftp client. You can set up the ftp in your my.volusion.com Then upload to the 3dcart directory or (ooh - band width saver) to another host. Do a search and replace (in excel) on a .csv file of your product info. exported from 3dcart and reimport it. I suggest only due the columns your working on. This way you avoid any html issues that can happen in excel.

Also, 3dcart only support 4 images unless you do an image gallery.

3dCart allows any names for your images, which is great for SEO. Volusion has a strict format for file names that correspond to image sizes.
        Last edited by ritchey; 01-17-2011, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X