Hot Deal Instead of Top Sellers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Deal Instead of Top Sellers?

I would like to use the space of the Top Sellers to publish a HOT DEAL instead. The only way to manipulate an item to this position is to place a large order for an item to make sure it stays in the top spot.

There surely has to be a better way to accomplish this? I sell lots of items including suction cups for $3, I don't want to waste this space promoting a $3 item if someone buy 50 suction cups it will put it to the top of the list. I want to choose what item is displayed in this position?

That sounds like a real good idea. That's something that I would be interested in as well.

One thing that comes to mind is to create a hidden category and assign the hot deals products to that category. Then display that category in place of the Top Sellers code block.

I would need to flesh that idea out a little more -- just a thought.

Comment

We are using the Home Specials category for that purpose, we just selected 25 products that display randomly in our home page and changed the title in the template (I think it was in frame.html). Easier to control what shows and what does not and we revise the list once a month.
      Andres

Comment

Originally posted by andres.choi View Post
        We are using the Home Specials category for that purpose, we just selected 25 products that display randomly in our home page and changed the title in the template (I think it was in frame.html). Easier to control what shows and what does not and we revise the list once a month.
        We have our featured products on the home page but we usually have a blow out product which we keep separate and want in that Top Seller place.

Comment

Working...
        X