Why is the forum so inactive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the forum so inactive?

My previous cart, for better and worse, had a very active forum.

I am curious on why the 3dCart Forum is not as active?

One headache I have is telling which threads I have looked at and which ones I have not.

It's all perspective, I suppose. The forum here is much more active than that of my old host. Ours was a licensed cart, though, so it was very different.

Maybe you see less activity here because 3dCart is so fabulous that we all have too much business to post all that often? :)

I use the Today's Posts button at the top to see what is new unless I am searching for a particular topic. That doesn't help if you are new, though, and trying to wade through lots of older posts.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

I agree. I'm used to forums with a LOT of threads and good interaction.

One thing I noticed on this forum is that most of us don't have answers. On the other forums, there were a lot of people with experience with the software and they were really great at helping out. Thank you to all of you that respond and lend help! You're awesome and have saved me a lot of time.

Also, it is confusing to have several places to check for answers. I'm reluctant to post unless I go through the Support KB, the instruction manuals, then the forum, and then the Feature Request portal to make sure it has not already been asked. (I like the feature request portal but it's just one more thing to check for an answer.) So, maybe others do the same. (IMHO, I think it's ok to post a question or suggestion even if six months ago it was asked. Things change, new solutions are discovered.)
      Last edited by kem; 02-22-2011, 04:37 PM.
      kem
      AddressNumbers.com
      Address Plaques, Memorials, Home & Garden Decor, Gifts and more.

Comment

Maybe cause 3dcart is so easy and full of features.

Set it, forget it, and work on add campaigns.

Maybe bake some cookies for a recently viewed list while waiting for the next update.
        Clayton
        Go Live Industries

Comment

3dcart works so well that I don't find myself looking to make changes or "fix" things. I've used 5 different cart systems over the last 7 or 8 years and this is the most stable, flexible, and easy to use product. It offers more features than any other system. It is very low maintenance. I am able to focus my energies on my products and customers, rather than worry about the cart.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by culttvman View Post
            3dcart works so well that I don't find myself looking to make changes or "fix" things. I've used 5 different cart systems over the last 7 or 8 years and this is the most stable, flexible, and easy to use product. It offers more features than any other system. It is very low maintenance. I am able to focus my energies on my products and customers, rather than worry about the cart.

Steve
            That's good. I agree. That's why are selling on 3Dcart.

However, for us, we can sell more if the cart is more robust to meet our needs and those of our customers. Others have may have discovered ways to do this without waiting for a release (or maybe it doesn't require a release - just some experience with a specific item). I think that is what the original question meant.

For example, a recent thread asks forum members how to add a print button on the final page of the order. You might not need it. But, for those who do, an active forum will provide the answer.

As for marketing (ads, etc.), the forum members for our other store share what has worked for them and what hasn't. For example, "Has anyone used XYZ for discount coupons" or "Do any of you know of a good logo designer?", etc. We can do that here too. That's an active forum.
            Last edited by kem; 02-23-2011, 12:00 PM.
            kem
            AddressNumbers.com

Comment

Forum thread filtering

I think the filtering might have something to do with the level of participation.

I come to the forum on a regular basis, but sometimes a week or two go by. The Quick Links filter only has "Today's Posts" and I would have to go through the topics to find threads I missed while I was gone.
              I participate in other forums where I can select "new threads since last visit", or I can select "New threads for last (1,2,3,4 days or 1,2,3,4 weeks)." on these forums I always see what I have missed and I might comment on a thread or two. on 3dcart, I tend to miss quite a few threads, some of which might be very important to me.

Maybe some more filtering can be added to the forum menu!

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                I think the filtering might have something to do with the level of participation.

I come to the forum on a regular basis, but sometimes a week or two go by. The Quick Links filter only has "Today's Posts" and I would have to go through the topics to find threads I missed while I was gone.
                I participate in other forums where I can select "new threads since last visit", or I can select "New threads for last (1,2,3,4 days or 1,2,3,4 weeks)." on these forums I always see what I have missed and I might comment on a thread or two. on 3dcart, I tend to miss quite a few threads, some of which might be very important to me.

Maybe some more filtering can be added to the forum menu!
                I totally agree. I too participate in other forums that have the "threads since last visit" or "new threads for the last XX days". I have missed several threads and often do not have time to check daily. And, what if a thread is posted at 9:30 pm? I don't think it shows up in "new posts" the next day. Or does it?
                Last edited by kem; 05-08-2011, 03:30 PM.
                kem
                AddressNumbers.com

Comment

In the actual threads, I find it hard to see which posts I have already read, verses those I have not. My other cart's forums does a nice job so I can tell visually which is a new thread, and also click through to unread posts.

Comment

I came from Prostores, they had a more active forum, but this forum is pretty active. The reason Prostores was more active though is because Prostores support was not the best, so many more ppl had to count on the forums to answer most of their support questions. Here at 3dcart they have better support, so not as many rely only on the forum for support. You can still get good adivce and help on this forum though imo.
                    Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                      I came from Prostores, they had a more active forum, but this forum is pretty active. The reason Prostores was more active though is because Prostores support was not the best, so many more ppl had to count on the forums to answer most of their support questions. Here at 3dcart they have better support, so not as many rely only on the forum for support. You can still get good adivce and help on this forum though imo.
                      I 100% agree with Jimmy. I too came from ProStores. I really enjoy the customer support that 3d cart has to offer, especially when it's 24/7 and they're very helpful. Never referring you to a designer for help, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by AM Printer Supply View Post
                        I 100% agree with Jimmy. I too came from ProStores. I really enjoy the customer support that 3d cart has to offer, especially when it's 24/7 and they're very helpful. Never referring you to a designer for help, etc...
                        Ya PS support was not great. I gave up calling at night at all. I had to use the forum with Prostores for about 90% of my support. The support was a big factor in my leaving. At 3dcart I go about 50/50. If its a question that I think I do not know just because I am newer to 3dcart I use forum, if advice I use forum. If function I usually use ticket system or live chat. I really like live chat, and ticket support with 3dcart. Best thing about 3dcart is all the support options: forum, live chat, ticket system, and phone support are all decent. Because of that if one does not know answer you can try another. With some carts only one support option is good like Prostores only really good option was forum if it was a Prostore function issue you where in trouble because if it was only happening to you they would fix it sometime between now and next year no matter how much money it cost you. Also I found 3dcart much more user friendly, I would for sure not suggest Prostores unless your pretty experienced with website development. With all fairness though Prostores was not all bad we had very good conversion numbers with them, they are cheaper then 3dcart, but I am sure we will get the same or better conversion with 3dcart in time. At the end of the day the fact 3dcart lets you come on here and talk openly to their current users tells you they have nothing to hide, and feel most of their clients are happy with them. Bang for the buck I think 3dcart "for its ease of use and support", InstantEstore "for its cost and SEO features", and Xcart "for its price and large pool of addins you can get from developers for the cart" are the three best options out there, and we have tried most major carts out there and 3dcart was the best option for our bussiness. Hope this helps someone trying to decide.
                        Last edited by jimmy3dcart; 10-02-2018, 01:36 PM.
                        Jimmy

Comment

3dcart is great.

I think it has to do with the ease of templating 3dcart and the ease of getting support through other channels. 3dCart is really an amazing piece of software. As a web developer I have very little to any questions on how to use this software. Its so straightforward and easy!

Comment

Forums are really a big factor in industries like this.

Because lets face it, no matter how good the Admins are, there are always things they don't know that some of us do.

For that I think it's very important to keep it alive so people can share their thoughts and contribute. http://imagicon.info/cat/5-6/1.gif
                            Last edited by satnavcompany; 10-11-2011, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Were busy working on our stores and products. If you don't have a problem it gets quiet. There still are a few of us who check the forum daily but we may not have a solution so why answer just to say something.
                              David
                              David's Gifts and Things

Wholesale Gifts, Home Decorating, Jewelry and More

Quality, Selection, Value Always

The more you buy the more you save!

Comment

Working...
                              X