FaceBook Likes When Moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FaceBook Likes When Moving

With one of my Volusion Sites I am getting a lot of customer likes on product pages.

I am guessing these will be gone after I move?

Not positive about this, but I think the "likes" are just links to your pages in Facebook. If I "like" a web page, it puts a link to that page in my Facebook Profile. So if you use your 301 redirects when you move that store to 3dC, at least those links will point to the correct place. But I don't think it'll actually correct those links, just redirect them to where they need to go on the new version of your store.

Comment

That makes sense from the facebook to my site link.

My worry is the number of likes that is shown on a page will now be different since its a different URL. But then with a 301 redirect... Sounds like it depends on facebook and how it works.

This is worrysome, sounds like No.
      http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...-301-redirects

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...error-page-cou

Comment

Yeah, I suspect the number of likes will only be related to the actual page where the "like" button was pressed. So if you change the URL, your number of likes might have to restart from zero. But I've never tested it, so I don't know for sure.

Comment

if your product page urls remain identical after switching over you will not lose those likes.

Comment

All like will be gone. There is no way to keep the same links when switching from Volusion.

Comment

there is a way, if you use the custom url feature and manually use create the same exact url you had for each product page, the like code should recognize that url was liked previously.

Comment

Originally posted by hanzoswords View Post
                there is a way, if you use the custom url feature and manually use create the same exact url you had for each product page, the like code should recognize that url was liked previously.
                This is NOT possible coming from the way Volusion lists its products. You can not have a "/" in a custom file name.

Comment

Working...
                X