Advanced Variants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Variants?

I am currently a Monster Commerce user and would like to make the switch to 3D Cart, but I have a question as to how products with options are handled. Currently, I can add as many options as I need (usually 4) for a product, but then in order to maintain inventory I must go to the advanced variants page and manually create a product number for each one--in some instances, it can mean I have to manually enter 150 product numbers! Since I have about 1300 products, that can take some time. I see that 3D will allow me to enter my options, and maintain inventory count, but does it automatically generate the product numbers or do I have to do it? For instance, parent product is 111, but with 4 options the product would become 111-green-01-32. Greatly appreciate any feedback!

You don't have to enter your own part #'s, they are optional. However, if you don't enter a part #, then the parent part # will show, so you'll have to go by the product name to determine which product to ship.

ie.

Part #1000 - T-Shirt Color: Green Size: M

and if they ordered Size L and color Yellow, part # would still be 1000. The inventory is taken care of correctly in 3dcart's side, but the part # will be the same on invoice, etc. So if you need the part # to be a particular number, then you need to enter them, if not, you can leave them blank.

Comment

Thank you. Can you do a bulk import of those item numbers and assign them to the proper category? I am SO trying to get out of having to type in all 90,000 product numbers by hand!

Comment

Yes, you can use the import utility to upload your products along with id, name, price, category etc.

Options are in a different file, so you would need to upload 2 files, 1 for the products, and 1 for the options.

Comment

Great news! Thank you so much!

Comment

Working...
          X