Question About International Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About International Sale

I have a customer who wants to make a LARGE international sale and claims they want to set up an account and start purchasing from me on a regular basis (we sell retail and wholesale). I'm always very cautious when it comes to selling international, so I'm wondering what all information I should get from them before even considering selling to them? I've already received a copy of their business license, passport, drivers license and credit card. I just don't know how easy it is to fake any of these items. I'd REALLY like to get these sales because it's a LOT of money, but I also don't want to be out a lot of money if it's fishy.

Call the credit card company and verify that all information sent is accurate as far as the billing goes. The Name and address (from driver's, passport etc) should match what's on file at the credit card company.

Google this person and see what you can come up with.

If they are planning to purchase large, I am assuming they should be a registered business, check the legitimacy of that. It is common to use a credit card registered to an individual (owner) of a company, but just make sure.
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Adding to what ElegantWeddings posted, I would also start the customer at a few "small" orders at first. See how things go and then slowly increase their account limit. I myself have had suppliers do the same to us until we proved we were a serious and legitamate buyer. Just my thoughts.

Comment

have them send a wire transfer.

Comment

I would recommend doing a wire transfer as well.

Comment

Make sure you also ship insured by a tracked service with a required signature.

Comment

Working...
            X