Pinterest Add On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinterest Add On

Does the Pinterest Add on have a cost for 3dCart?
    It was mentioned in the March release notes, but I am having trouble finding details.

My Search So Far:

Forums:
    - Some code
    - Mention its in the March release.

3dCart App Store - Nothing

Knowledge Base - Nothing

Using Google came up with a page on how great Pinterest is on the 3dCart blog page:
    Pinterest Drives More Referral Traffic Than Google+ | 3dcart Shopping Cart Software Blog
    But no link to 3dCart's Solution.
    Pinterest 101: What Merchants Need To Know! | 3dcart Shopping Cart Software Blog
    Pinterest | 3dcart Shopping Cart Software Blog

Finally found it, after looking at the Facebook Solution (is it $199 or $249 - depends on which page you look at), it said you may also want to look at Pinterest Pin It Button for Websites for $199.
    Pinterest Pin It Button for Websites

Now I have the question is does the $199 package have any advantage on the code in the forum?
    Last edited by ritchey; 04-23-2012, 06:32 PM.

Comment

I'm no coding wizard by ANY stretch of the imagination but I was able to add the follow me on pinterest button myself to my left global banner and the "pin it" code to my right global banner. The code is generated for you on pinterest in their "goodies" area?

https://pinterest.com/about/goodies/

Comment

I did the code myself on our sites, and it is dynamic.
        That code was posted on the forum here: http://forums.3dcart.com/plugins-3rd...pinterest.html, read the posts towards the middle and lower you have great tweaking ideas there.

If you are comfortable with adding a couple of lines of codes (Copy/edit/paste) no need spend the money.

Also, the social bookmarking buttons from "Add This" now includes the Pinterest button, these social bookmarking is available on each product page.
        Elegant Weddings +
        www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
        www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Thanks! I will just add the code and save the $199.

Comment

Originally posted by ritchey View Post
            Thanks! I will just add the code and save the $199.
            That's what I did. Works perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
              Also, the social bookmarking buttons from "Add This" now includes the Pinterest button, these social bookmarking is available on each product page.
              I'm not seeing this in my social bookmarking bar--is there something I need to do to add it?

Comment

Originally posted by rrw View Post
                I'm not seeing this in my social bookmarking bar--is there something I need to do to add it?
                Click on the "+" next to your social bookmarking buttons.
                Keep in mind, only the mostly used buttons will be displayed in front of that button, the rest you need to click on it expand to see other available sources. More you use it sooner it will get to the top of the list.
                Elegant Weddings +
                www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

You should go to AddThis - Share Button, Social Bookmark, Sharing Plugins and Analytics and sign up for an account there. They make the social bookmarking widget.
                  If you add your username to the widget, then you can receive stats about usage from addthis.

You can use the standard widget that will show the most popular buttons, or you can customize the widget any way you want.

replace USERNAME (in two locations below) with your addthis user name. Replace YOURWEBSITE with your web site

in 3dcart Social Bookmarking, click advanced and paste this code with modifications. This has Google plus and Pinterest
                  Code:
                  <!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->
                  <div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style ">
                  <a href="https://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&amp;pubid=USERNAME" class="addthis_button_compact"></a>
                  <span class="addthis_separator">|</span>
                  <a class="addthis_button_twitter"></a>
                  <a class="addthis_button_print"></a>
                  <a class="addthis_button_google_plusone"></a>
                  <a class="addthis_button_pinterest"
                  pi:pinit:media="http://www.YOURSITE.com/[image1]" 
                  pi:pinit:layout="none"></a>
                  </div>
                  <script type="text/javascript" src="https://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js#pubid=USERNAME"></script>
                  <!-- AddThis Button END -->

Comment

Here is the code I use. It grabs the image, page url and pricing:

Code:
                    <a href="http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=[page_url]&media=http://www.YOURSITE.com/[image1]&description=[price] [description]" class="pin-it-button" count-layout="none">Pin It</a>
                    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js"></script>

Comment

Thanks so much, everyone!

Comment

I have another site hosted with V and they just announced the integration of Pinterest at no charge.
                        Last edited by rburton34; 04-25-2012, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
                          I have another site hosted with V and they just announced the integration of Pinterest at no charge.
                          I saw that too! Why is 3dcart charging for it??
                          Marsha,

Comment

We are using "AddThis" AddThis - Share Button, Social Bookmark, Sharing Plugins and Analytics for the Twitter/Facebook share buttons (Social Bookmarking Module), so far they don't support Pinterest so something custom had to be made.

Now, "ShareThis" does, ShareThis - Share Buttons, Share Plugin, Share Analytics, Media Solutions, if you like to do this yourself, simply go to ShareThis - Share Buttons, Share Plugin, Share Analytics, Media Solutions, generate the code, then on the 3dcart store admin, replace your "Social Bookmarking" snippet (Click the advanced button) with that snippet and you would be all set.

As soon as "AddThis" adds Pinterest, and i'm sure they will soon, it will automatically be enabled for everyone. Until then, it requires custom work on the page (ie. adding some html snippets), which you could do yourself, or have one of our designers install it (that's why there is a fee).
                            ----------------------------
                            Gonzalo Gil
                            3dCart Support
                            800-828-6650 x111

Comment

GonzaloGil,
                              Please see my post above for the AddThis code for Pinterest. They started supporting it a while back.
                              We have it implemented on our site via the Social Bookmarking widget.

Comment

Working...
                              X