This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Commerce

To use 3dCart with Mobile Commerce do I need to buy the design package from 3dCart for $399? This way automatically the customer is directed to a mobile friendly version of my shopping cart?

eCommerce mCommerce Design

With Volusion their mobile solution was included. Or with 3dCart, is this just a more customized solution?

I think that price is for a custom solution/design

the standard mobile version of you store is included with all packages (that is stated on the 3DCart Pricing page)

Here is the KB article to enable mobile version:https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...26/0/mcommerce
    Elegant Weddings +
    www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
    www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Thanks! I was not sure on what was included, and what cost extra with 3dCart. I also spoke with sales today and they clarified that. Its refreshing to talk to a knowledgeable sales person (I am so tired of usually knowing more than the sales person).

Comment

I would do a serious search on these forums for Mobile Commerce.......

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
          I would do a serious search on these forums for Mobile Commerce.......
          Exactly.. Not really worth putting any time into it until 3d fixes it.

Comment

Thanks! I now remember something about the latest IOS not working with 3dCart's mobile commerce.

Comment

BTW, I took 3d carts advice and tested my mobile site on ready.mobi and got the following result (see attachment): Also, when testing various phones through that site, they all give an error code of 504.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rburton34 View Post
                BTW, I took 3d carts advice and tested my mobile site on ready.mobi and got the following result (see attachment): Also, when testing various phones through that site, they all give an error code of 504.

Here is a better site to check your mobile web readiness:
                W3C mobileOK Checker
                it gives you suggestions and areas to improve.
                Elegant Weddings +
                www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
                www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Both scores are sad for my site

Comment

Originally posted by ElegantWeddings View Post
                    Here is a better site to check your mobile web readiness:
                    W3C mobileOK Checker
                    it gives you suggestions and areas to improve.
                    lol, my site stinks on that checker too.

"Critical". As low as a site can get (see the triangle above the 0).

Here are the errors this site found (see attachments)
                    Attached Files

Comment

0 score.

We paid 3dcart to design our mobile site, and it has just been updated to the latest template. It also has a 0 score.

Also, the checkout process is basically not usable. The screen just keeps jumping around every time you enter information in a field.

I don't know much at all about setting up a mobile site, and that is the reason I wanted the experts to do it for us. This has been a major let down in dealing with 3dcart. It shows a complete lack of responsiveness to customer concerns and over promising on a product that does not work. (this me being nice).

I don't understand why 3dcart can't hire a mobile expert from Odesk or some other outsourcing company and have them program it correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by elightbox View Post
                        I don't understand why 3dcart can't hire a mobile expert from Odesk or some other outsourcing company and have them program it correctly.
                        I couldn't agree more. This should be PRIORITY #1 - I've posted Nielsen web data that shows the incredible growth of mobile commerce, and specifically mobile commerce on Android (which leads iOS by a significant margin). It's really telling that 3dCart has known this is broken for so long and not fixed it.

iOS stopped being the be-all-end-all at least 2 years ago. Why we continue to be forced to use a solution that was designed for one platform is beyond me. If they just opened up the mobile directory like the others, I'm sure some of the excellent design and code folks using 3dCart could fix it for them. Or as you said, just hire someone to do it right.

This actually has me 2nd guessing 3dCart as a platform and looking at others (like Magento).
                        Chris
                        TC Life Safety
                        TC Wireless

Comment

I use woopra and see people on mobile devices switching to view full site over and over and over and it's sad that our mobile sites rank so low and are basically not usable. I've yet to be able to place an order on my phone (android), my tablet, also android, and never mind my daughter's Iphone :o( So many people use mobile devices to shop these days and not everyone will take the time to call you to talk, place the order with you via phone or wait until they can get to their PCs...I'm pretty sure someone else is getting that business and that is SAD

Comment

Originally posted by tclifesafety View Post
                            Android (which leads iOS by a significant margin).

That statement is false.
                            IOS is on tons more devices than Android, Iphones, Ipads, Ipods and still leads in market share the Iphone is still the best selling single model of any phone on the planet and there is nothing close. Not sure where you got the idea that Android is bigger than IOS when you figure in the Ipads and Ipods on top of the Iphones its not even close. The 2nd best selling phone on the planet sells far less than the Iphone and there is no sign of that changing. Im not saying its not important for mobile to work on both it definitely is.

If you run google Analytics on your site, you will also see how false your statement is.

This is a recent stat from one of my sites for past two weeks.

Iphone visits 1410
                            Ipad 687
                            Ipod 475

Android 1342

Total IOS 2572
                            Total Android 1342

Almost a 2-1 edge for IOS

Comment

Android does lead iOS as far as marketshare now. All of the many cheap phones running Android add up to a lot. However iOS devices are used to browse the web much more heavily than Android devices and will be the majority of your mobile hits.

Comment

Working...
                              X