Volusion to 3dCart Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volusion to 3dCart Questions

I am just going to start a thread on this. My first question was on the inventory options. New question!

Volusion has a description above pricing field, it appears 3dCart does not. I guess I need to combine the information from the description and description above pricing from V to my 3dCart?

Or a custom field could be used I guess.

I don't quite understand what the "description above price" is. Is it just a separate area where there is descriptive text that is different than the main text?

But yes you're on the right track. You'd either need to combine it into the description field, or use an extra field for the separate text.

Comment

Yes, it's a separate field. In Volusion you can't adjust their product page template much, so they have a field called description above price that goes in the upper right of the page, and the description is in the bottom of the page.

Comment

[QUOTE=ritchey;24644Volusion has a description above pricing field, it appears 3dCart does not. I guess I need to combine the information from the description and description above pricing from V to my 3dCart?[/QUOTJiE]

No need to combine the fields, you can import the "description above price" into any of the extra fields, or if the text is less than 255 characters, you can even use the short description field.

In any case, once you import the data in extra_field_6 for example, just edit the listing_0.html and position it above the price or anywhere else on the page.

Jimmy

Comment

Thank Jimmy!

Another difference in Volusion and 3dCart is on the left menus. In Volusion you can have multiple menus levels, and in 3dCart your stuck with one, unless you do some custom programming last I checked. I had the programming done to create two menu levels on my stores, but it makes changes a headache.

References:
          Adding Extra Navigation Menus to the Store Template | support.volusion.com

Comment

I believe you're referring to the Categories and Subcategories, by default you can display Main Category and first level of subcategories underneath each other.

We can install a flyout menu that goes into additional levels of subcategories and behaves as described on the Volusion one.

Feel free to email me directly if that's the type of menu you're looking for and I'll get you the details.

Jimmy

Comment

Working...
            X