counting visitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• counting visitors

I'm considering upgrading to the unlimited hosting plan because of recent bandwidth overages - my question is google analytics and clicky are counting 25000 - 30000 visitors per month

3dcart is counting close to a million visitors so i must be getting way overcharged for bandwidth or the data is corrupted >>>http://screencast.com/t/ksdQ3cEP25aq

Yea, the stats on the new admin are crazy. I don't know where 3dcart gets them, and there is no explanation anywhere as to the metrics used. Statistics without an explanation of the metrics are useless or worse.

Comment

and 74% of all statistics are inaccurate

Comment

Before upgrading you might want to consider moving your images, media, javascript files over to a CDN. We have used MaxCDN for a long time with good results. Just change your code to point to the CDN to get images instead of pulling them from 3Dcart every time. Will improve your website's performance and should greatly reduce your bandwidth. Pricing on a CDN is probably much cheaper than upgrading your plan. Just a thought.

Comment

some details on setting that up? I am interested!!!

Comment

ForcedFabllc www.Cloudflare.com is another great option for a CDN. It will speed up your site, cut on bandwidth, and offer protection.
            Here is a post that helps with setup: http://forums.3dcart.com/forum/shopp...ur-3dcart-site

There are other posts, just search for cloudflare in the search box above.

Comment

I definitely look into cloudflare cause the enterprise sever aint any faster than the old one - I have 5 cnme sites so I need to find out how those are treated

Comment

Just a sanity check -- you do have the "Advanced Cache" turned on... right?

Comment

The data on the dashboard is wrong. The data for visitors is actually the number of hits. 3dCart told me this is a known issue, however why they haven't fixed it yet.... Use the data from Google Analytics to see what the real data is.

Comment

I upgraded to a Cloud plan, it does nothing as far as those stats being more accurate or your site being more secure. Faster, maybe? 3dcart just tells you that to get you to upgrade. I have been complaining about the stat issue for OVER A YEAR now with no real answers. It's ridiculous that we can't accurately track how many unique visitors come into our store each day via through 3dcart.

I think clearly if you are having over a million visitors then 3dcart owes you some money! LOL

Do you think that maybe 3dcart is allowing these stats to be majorly elevated so people upgrade to higher plans??? How about it 3dcart??? 3dcart-Alex 3dcart-Carlos 3dcart-Henry 3dcart-Carlos_C 3dcart-David 3dcart-Ernie 3dcart-Geronimo 3dc-Dan
                    Last edited by rcheltrvel; 11-05-2015, 02:06 PM.

Comment

3dcart told me the same thing. tried to claim it will all bot traffic but i have all that blocked. they are having MAJOR issues again. Don't trust your Google Analytics ecommerce data because it's double counting transactions again. I told them about it and they said won't be fixed until the end of the month. in the meantime, create a segment that doesn't have people hit the thank you page without hitting the cart page or else your GA data is overstated.

Right now, I'm having a huge issue where shipping options just spin and spin and won't load. haven't heard back from 3d cart of course!
                      http://screencast.com/t/puMIvCvlC6R

Comment

Working...
                      X