X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dc-Eamon
    replied
    Originally posted by Pack Secure View Post

3dc-Eamon, what exactly does a Technical Account Manager due? Sell me on the Enterprise plan, I am having a tough time justifying the cost.
    I'm won't lie I'm not the best Salesman in the world so I may not be the ideal person for all of that, but a Technical Account Manager is essentially a dedicated support agent for your site who you can reach out to directly rather than going through the regular support queue. We're generally considered more senior agents with a higher level of experience and comfort with the platform and will tend to work more closely with the other departments to help make your overall experience working with 3dcart more cohesive. I may be biased on this specific aspect of the Enterprise plans considering my position, but most people I talk to seem to really appreciate the added level of service it provides.

If you were looking for some information on some of the other aspects of the Enterprise plans then I could have someone from Sales reach out to you to go over it in more detail. Just send me a message with your contact info and I'd be happy to pass it along.
    Last edited by 3dc-Eamon; 04-03-2019, 12:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JoeBTI
    replied
    Don't get me wrong, 3dCart needs to make money and paying $3,800 more is not a huge deal considering it a small percent of our sales. The biggest issue I have is you really don't get any additional features with such high price hike.

Leave a comment:

• JoeBTI
    replied
    No difference in speed. You don't get a dedicated server, in fact you stay on the same server. There is zero difference.

Leave a comment:

• Pack Secure
    replied
    Originally posted by 3dc-Eamon View Post
    Hey Joe, I'm your Technical Account Manager that comes with the Enterprise plan here in Support, we actually just spoke on a ticket yesterday! When I first took over as your TAM last August I sent an email over introducing myself along with my contact information so if you wanted me to resend that just shoot me a message on here and I'd be happy to do so :)
    3dc-Eamon, what exactly does a Technical Account Manager due? Sell me on the Enterprise plan, I am having a tough time justifying the cost.

Leave a comment:

• Pack Secure
    replied
    Joe,

Did you notice a speed increase when you changed to Enterprise? I was just communicating with Jimmy, so I am trying to decide.

Leave a comment:

• JoeBTI
    replied
    Great to know! Last two tickets I submitted had replies from 3 different people in support. I will PM you my email, so you can send your contact info.

Leave a comment:

• 3dc-Eamon
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeBTI View Post
    You sure its bandwidth overages? What plan are you on? Their unlimited bandwidth plans do have a revenue cap of 400k, then they charge an extra $50/month for every 100k of revenue over the 400k. Or you can jump to enterprise depending where you're at. I was told the new pricing plans were put in place due to customers not wanting to pay bandwidth overages and that its an industry standard.

The store we were forced to upgrade was actually a custom tailored plan that was not under the new plan terms. We had a $3,800 price increase... Sadly, you get the same terrible support, constant bugs and lack of communication. On enterprise we were supposed to be assigned a dedicated team of support, server admins and developers. Never happened...
    Hey Joe, I'm your Technical Account Manager that comes with the Enterprise plan here in Support, we actually just spoke on a ticket yesterday! When I first took over as your TAM last August I sent an email over introducing myself along with my contact information so if you wanted me to resend that just shoot me a message on here and I'd be happy to do so :)

Leave a comment:

• JoeBTI
    replied
    You sure its bandwidth overages? What plan are you on? Their unlimited bandwidth plans do have a revenue cap of 400k, then they charge an extra $50/month for every 100k of revenue over the 400k. Or you can jump to enterprise depending where you're at. I was told the new pricing plans were put in place due to customers not wanting to pay bandwidth overages and that its an industry standard.

The store we were forced to upgrade was actually a custom tailored plan that was not under the new plan terms. We had a $3,800 price increase... Sadly, you get the same terrible support, constant bugs and lack of communication. On enterprise we were supposed to be assigned a dedicated team of support, server admins and developers. Never happened...

Leave a comment:

• Pack Secure
    replied
    Yes.......
    Last edited by Pack Secure; 04-03-2019, 09:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JoeBTI
    replied
    They force you into the enterprise plan too?

Leave a comment:

• Pack Secure
    replied
    jimmy3dcart I just sent you an email regarding the 500% increase in the monthly price.

Leave a comment:

• massagestore
    replied
    Thanks jimmy3dcart, I truly appreciate the response, flexibility, and willingness to work with me considering my past experience. I will reach out to you directly as per your directive. Andrew / MassageStore

Leave a comment:

• jimmy3dcart
    replied
    Hi massagestore really glad to hear that you're considering coming back to 3dcart! I'm checking with our server administrators already about the last backup of the store, I'm sure we can get everything restored to your account.

I understand your situation, with high ticket items at $3k - $5k, with just about 100 orders you would be at $400k. That's exactly what I was mentioning before,every business is unique and the $400k is just an indicator, which in your case it doesn't apply since you wouldn't need the same resources as a store with an average order of $20.

In your case, you'll be ok with the PRO plan. You can email me directly at [email protected] to go over the details.

Leave a comment:

• massagestore
    replied
    Hi jimmy3dcart , I truly appreciate your responses, and I would like to ask for more pricing clarification on the enterprise plan. I signed up with 3dCart, paid a lot of $$ to develop a store, and after years of design issues and other qualitative things going wrong, I left to pursue another platform. I would like to come back, and was preparing to start the process of doing so, and then I stumbled upon this thread. To say I am concerned about Enterprise pricing would be a mild understatement. I sell some equipment that are $3-5000 each, so I could blow through the $400k limit very quickly. I don't even sell this equipment on Amazon and do $1.2M in business / year. That said, I either need to reach out to someone about my old account due to the nightmare that I went through with 3d, inevitably causing me to leave, or find out more about what this program could mean to me as a potential new customer. I told BigCommerce today that I won't go with them because of their 'crazy' $400k threshold that pushes people into Enterprise. Any / all information and assistance is greatly appreciated. It also needs to be said that I will need to pay $85 / mo for the advanced shipping app, so that is even more $$ just to run the store. Andrew

Leave a comment:

• Birdsafe
    replied
    Jimmy -- thank you -- hadn't thought of the server impact issues -- good to know.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X