No announcement yet.

Migration from Americommerce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website scraping is really not that bad. Web scraping, web harvesting, or web data extraction is data scraping used for extracting data from websites.

It really depends on the platform and what data you can easily get out. Some of our stores were on the Stores Online Platform. SOL just did not have good exports set up so the process was very manual. These are the sites that had to be scraped. The other platform was a Yahoo store. It's been a long time, but we even contracted the Yahoo store move to a Freelance company.

It was really not bad or unreasonably expensive. It saved me a lot of time and headaches. I still had to fine tune. It was not a hands off experience.

Maybe the current migration tools are better. My experience was years ago.

Leaving 3d cart will not be the easiest either. To my knowledge, content pages/content can not be exported out.. Also, blog and page content cannot be exported in.

You can export blog articles.

Only products and product categories can be exported in with 3dcart.

So, it was not all the old platform, some of my issues were with limitations of 3dcart - and getting content in... The freelance company initially imported all the content and articles into product category pages (it was the only way). Once I caught this, they went back and manually copy and pasted into the proper structure. Actually, I am just now cleaning some of this up.

To my knowledge, this is still an issue. Read my post on my recent venture. https://forums.3dcart.com/forum/shop...ale-experience

Even moving from 3dcart to 3dcart recently was not a stress free venture. Apparently, moving images is an issue. They still missed some images - somehow, but few enough that I finished up.

Actually, when I went with 3dcart, Americommerce was a strong second. I am still glad I went with 3dcart and would still recommend 3d cart over others.
    TheWrightStuff.com
    CaregiverProducts.com
    ArthritisSupplies.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZTurk View Post
      Posting to see if anyone on the forums has made the move from Americommerce to 3D Cart? I found a few past posts from one person, but it appears he's long gone or no longer in business.

Also found one post about Shopify > 3D, but not much more. Just curious to know if anyone else has made the move and if so how was the move / migration?
      Hello ZTurk,

I hope you are well.

It has been bring to our notice by 3dCart team that you are looking for migration service from Americommerce to 3dcart. We can surely help you with that.

In order to help you better, could you please let me know below things:
      1. Website URL
      2. How many categories, products, blogs, etc are there that needs to be migrated?
      3. Can you export a sample product data of 50 or more with categories so that I can get that imported to 3dCart and see if a CSV formate can be generated for the rest of the products?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by MakkPress View Post

Hello ZTurk,

I hope you are well.

It has been bring to our notice by 3dCart team that you are looking for migration service from Americommerce to 3dcart. We can surely help you with that.

In order to help you better, could you please let me know below things:
        1. Website URL
        2. How many categories, products, blogs, etc are there that needs to be migrated?
        3. Can you export a sample product data of 50 or more with categories so that I can get that imported to 3dCart and see if a CSV formate can be generated for the rest of the products?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks,
        Talk about a fishy post here, you just joined, 1 post in total and you've been in touch with 3D ?? How coincidental is that? It's not.

Comment

Talk about a fishy post here, you just joined, 1 post in total and you've been in touch with 3D ?? How coincidental is that? It's not.
          Hi, I understand why you think that way.
          Jimmy, COO of 3dCart approached us to help you out with the migration over an email and shared the link of this particular forum. I have attached a screenshot of the email for your reference below. As it is required to be a registered user in this forum hence we created an account had it approved.

We are listed expert on 3dCart - https://experts.3dcart.com/MakkPressTechnologies.html. You can contact us directly from here as well. When you are contacting us please do mention that we connected via "3dCart forum".

looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Attached Files

Comment

In that case, I stand corrected. However, if you think I'm going to post particulars about my biz on a public facing forum, you're nuts.

The input I was asking for was from current store owners who have moved from one store provider (and specifically Americommerce) to 3D.

Comment

. However, if you think I'm going to post particulars about my biz on a public facing forum, you're nuts.

Please provide your SS number and bank account number as well.

I agree, that was a weird first post. he should have introduced himself as an 'expert' first

Comment

Another way to look at this is - what other company would the COO even take the time to intervene? Even the owner jumps in frequently. This is exactly what I like about 3dcart. 3dcart is not so big with so many customers that the individual gets lost. Yes, sometimes it takes more effort than I would like. I hate having to be the squeaky wheel BUT when I have an issue regular support can not resolve - usually, I can find a higher level support person that is willing to help. I have not had this experience with any other platform I have used.
                TheWrightStuff.com
                CaregiverProducts.com
                ArthritisSupplies.com

Comment

Working...
                X