Any way to standardize image sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to standardize image sizes

One of the problems I have that frustrates me is the image sizing feature. It does good by resizing images that are a standard size(square), but the ones that are not square, it makes my site look less than professional.

Any idea how to easily resize all the images so they look the same size??

Hi,

No, you can't standardize images once they have been uploaded. I had the same problem. The image studio image resizer only work on a single axis. You can't resize both horizontal and vertical simultaneously. :(

http://forums.3dcart.com/general-con...-properly.html

Comment

Try this:

1) Access your images folder through FTP.
      2) Download all images in their current folder structure to a folder on your desktop.
      3) use a program to batch resize all the images in their current location.
      This site lists many ways of doing this (http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/bat...Tools_Tips.htm)
      4) upload all images back on ftp and replace files on server

5) set up some standards in your mind, and then follow them with all new images you upload for new products.

Comment

I use a feature under Photoshop Tools in Adobe Bridge (a product bundled with Adobe products) that automatically batch resizes my images in Photoshop. It can take a folder with dozens or hundreds of photos and automatically resize them (along with thumbnails) to whatever size you specify. It then dumps them into a folder of your choice.

Works very, very well and quickly. I then upload them using the File Manager to the cart to the product images folder. As far as the thumbnail images - although the Photoshop Tools feature creates thumbnails for me, I typically use the File Manager to resize the image thumbnails. It's just been easier for me in naming them in my spreadsheets.

Comment

can you resize with only a single axis size given?
          For example, I want all my thumbnails the same HEIGHT (150) regardless of the width. So, for all my images, adjust the height and proportionately adjust the width.
          Or, I want all my large images the same WIDTH (400) while maintaing the height/width proportions that existed before.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            can you resize with only a single axis size given?
            For example, I want all my thumbnails the same HEIGHT (150) regardless of the width. So, for all my images, adjust the height and proportionately adjust the width.
            Or, I want all my large images the same WIDTH (400) while maintaing the height/width proportions that existed before.

Yes, I'm almost certain you can. After taking another very quick peek at this feature (from Adobe Bridge to Photoshop) - I see there's a box that allows you to specify the number of pixels to resize to. I have it set to 450 pixels. Then underneath this is a dropdown box labeled "Constrain" which allows you to choose between: width, height, or both.

So given my settings, the maximum of the width and height of any of the resized images will be 450 by whatever. If my starting image is 600 x 500 - it will resize it proportionally to something like 450 x 375.

I can't say enough about how quickly I've been able to resize images. I don't consider myself a pro by any means and probably know less than 5% of the capabilities of Photoshop. But being able to take a folder with 200+ images and have them all resized within minutes while I wait - has been a true timesaver.

Comment

That's exactly what I need to do.
              Too bad the 3dcart image editor wont do that. :(
              It can only do square images.
              But, my product images are NOT square. However, I want ALL thumbnails to be 150 high and ALL full size images to be 450 wide, so that all the products line up the symetrically (thumbnails) and that the products are displayed in a like size. It looks a little more professional, IMHO. I have photoshop elements, will it do that too?

Comment

Working...
              X