Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark
    replied
    I especially like this when it prints on their sales order record. :)

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    Thanks!
    I got the idea from another poster about "used" items or refurbished items.
    With these items I required a checkout question something like "I understand this is a previously used item" or something like that.
    The customer "checks" the confirm button and checks out. Works really well AND the good thing is it prints the confirmation on their invoice and receipt!
    No surprises.....:cool:

Leave a comment:

• ScribeTime
    replied
    Last year I created a page with delivery times based on the type of products ordered. The page stated when items would be delivered by based on the ordering date and the type of shipping selected. I had many customers who paid for the upgraded shipping.

Even with this, still ended up eating the cost to ship some items via US Priority Mail instead of regular Parcel Post for some orders. To get to the page, we added a sentence stating something like, "Click here to view Christmas ordering deadlines"...in red lettering above the product information.

I think your idea of adding a checkout question is a good one stating something like, "For orders placed after December XX, I understand that items may not arrive before Christmas". I'd include this along with information on the product page.

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    started a topic Checkout Question on delivery time?

Checkout Question on delivery time?

As we approach the holidays, many customers are making what we would consider "un-reasonable" shipment time requests. We only ship via ground carrier and as we get closer to the holidays, the requests for arrival prior to the holidays seem to appear in the order comments box more frequently. We don't want to disappoint shoppers, but, need them to be aware that shipment timeframes and guarantees are beyond our control. Sunday night orders on the 21st will be requesting deliver by the 24th across the country I can almost guarantee will be coming in! :rolleyes:
    What do you folks think about a required checkout question like "I confirm that delivery may not be complete before X day" or something like that?
    What we had to do last year when customers put in unreasonable orders was to cancel them reather than go through the grief of a missed delivery date. What do you all do?
Working...
X