Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Account Pages

Hello all,

I've been up and down and can't figure out how to edit the info on pages such as "account" or "log-in." The listing_X.html and frame.html stuff is easy enough but aside from the 3-5 HTML pages in the templates folder there's nothing else. Opening the myaccount.asp page (as many others) yields unintelligible ASP code with no HTML to speak of.

I'd like to ideally place a link to the account page in a lightbox pop-up of sorts so that the customer can login seamlessly. I've already discovered that HTML extension pages will load up just fine but ASP extension pages will not.

This is an example of what I want to do: the form, when completed goes through to the next page in full. This is live on our 3dCart space:

http://glowsource.com/index3.html

That's fine and dandy for that particular page because I constructed it myself. Hard part comes when I want to grab the form info from THIS page:

http://www.glowsource.com/myaccount.asp

And put it in it's own HTML file (sans-header, menu, etc.) to be put in a lightbox like the order tracking example.

I guess my question comes down to: can the form elements of the account page be copy/pasted into a separately styled HTML document? That'd be super-fly.

Thanks guys,
    - Jason Sanders

PS: If anybody wants info on lightboxes, they're a really cool way to display external HTML files, images (or whole galleries), or practically anything else. After some trial/error I've found LightWindow to be a light-weight, 3dCart-friendly solution.

You can download and read about it here: http://www.stickmanlabs.com/lightwindow/

License is MIT-style, meaning you can do whatever you want with it (including commercial), but if you break it, it's your own darn fault :)

Hi all,

I know this is an old post, but I can't find how to edit the myaccount.asp page and it doesn't look like this original post was ever answered/resolved. Anyone know where I can find it?

Thanks in advance!
    James

Comment

Originally posted by JR123 View Post
      Hi all,

I know this is an old post, but I can't find how to edit the myaccount.asp page and it doesn't look like this original post was ever answered/resolved. Anyone know where I can find it?

Thanks in advance!
      James

it is the myaccount.html in the Template Editor (Settings>Design>...)
      Elegant Weddings +
      www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
      www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Thank you! I can't seem to find the portion that I'm trying to edit. It may seem minor, but I guess I'm fussy. In the attached screen shot you'll see that there is a gap/space between the Returning Customers "box" and the one below it (Forgot Password). However, there is no space/gap between the Forgot Password box and the New Customers box. Ideally, I'd like for there to be a space/gap between those as well.

Like I said, very minor, but I think I might be OCD and would really prefer to have them "even" with spacing.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
        James
        Attached Files

Comment

it is the "login-account.html"

Have fun!!

P.S. "ocd" is a good thing in business, detail oriented especially when it comes to webdesign :D
          Elegant Weddings +
          www.elegantweddingsplus.ca
          www.elegantweddingsplus.com

Comment

Haha, yes, I even try to pay attention to the details of paying attention to details. Worked like a charm! Thank you so much!!!!!

-James

Comment

Working...
            X