Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just "finished" new site

Hello,

After 5 years with another e-commerce host we made the jump to a new product, 3D. The environment format of the backside of the cart is familiar, as are some of the names in these forums. The "finished" part is because the sites are always a work in progress, the key is we are now live.

Our new site is: www.buttonworks.com

We've looked at until we are blue in the face - please have a look. We welcome your comments and feedback.

Thanks so much!

JB

Excellent! What a super happy feeling site!

I'll just bet ya we end up doing some business with you folks! We have been looking at possibly buying a button maker, but man... once you get a decent maker and all the supplies, etc. the price gets a bit up there! Your pricing seems very reasonable!

Well done! Great site!

~fr_k

Comment

Aside from being well-done, I like that the site is colorful and easy to navigate. Customers will be able to find what they're looking for quickly. Very nice site!

One question for you: on your category pages you list something like ($.13 to $1.00 each) under the product photo. Did you use a custom extra field for the data and then add that code on the category page? If not, would you mind sharing how you did that?

Thanks and Welcome!

Comment

Thanks so much. I'm happy to share that ... it was much easier than what you describe.

There is a field under the Advanced tab on the Product Listing page, that text is manually entered there. The manual entry isn't so much fun, it would cool if it populated from the quantity discount editor, but overall, not bad.

Appreciate the feedback! Keep it coming.

Comment

Thanks for your response. I've used the display text in the past, but had to discontinue using it because it populated onto the product listing page where we needed the price to be. Whenever a customer selected an option, since the display text was there instead of the base price, they couldn't see the actual price as it adjusted up or down with the options.

Perhaps I'll submit a ticket to see if the Display text field can be used separately from the pricing field on the category pages.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ScribeTime View Post
            Thanks for your response. I've used the display text in the past, but had to discontinue using it because it populated onto the product listing page where we needed the price to be. Whenever a customer selected an option, since the display text was there instead of the base price, they couldn't see the actual price as it adjusted up or down with the options.

Perhaps I'll submit a ticket to see if the Display text field can be used separately from the pricing field on the category pages.

Thanks.
            This is a good point. We submitted a ticket about this because we mistakenly thought, in version 2.2, the customer could see the base price and changes as they selected options. We were wrong. The functionality is the same.

The Display text option, in the Advanced Tab, prevents the customer from seeing the price until the item is added to the cart. It would be better for the Display text to appear in a field of its own on the product page. The customer would not have to add to the cart to get the price.

As it stands, it may be that sales are lost because a number of customers do not realize they must add to the cart to see the price. From time to time, we have received calls and emails from customers asking about pricing. This was befuddling because it did not occur to us that the Display text feature could lead to a misunderstanding. If pricing on the product page functioned the same, regardless of whether or not the Display text is feature is used, this would clear up some confusion.

This change may also lead to a possible reduction in the number of abandoned carts since customers could get all the price information except shipping.

Hopefully, 3dcart will consider this in an upcoming upgrade.
            Luxlife

Comment

UPS Tracking

I noticed the UPS Tracking page on your site and thought it was a great idea. Did you register with UPS via 3dcart? Did you have a pre-existing account? What does it cost to have that widget(?) on your site?
              Webmaster: Texas Media Systems

Comment

Originally posted by TMS Clint View Post
                I noticed the UPS Tracking page on your site and thought it was a great idea. Did you register with UPS via 3dcart? Did you have a pre-existing account? What does it cost to have that widget(?) on your site?
                The best news, it costs nothing! This was actually a feature we carried over from our old site. We do have an account with UPS, but this doesn't require the UPS via 3dcart registration. We use Worldship and populate Reference field 1 with the customers order number. The code is:

<td class="data"><FORM method="post" action = "http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/OnlineTool" target="blank">
                <p class="page">To track a package sent via UPS, enter your six-digit order number below: <br /><br />
                <INPUT type="text" size=8 maxlength="10" name="InquiryNumber">
                <INPUT type="hidden" name="SenderShipperNumber" value="YOURUPSACCT#HERE">
                <INPUT type="hidden" name="UPS_HTML_License" value="YOUR_UPS_HTML_LICENSE_HERE">
                <INPUT type="hidden" name="UPS_HTML_Version" value="3.0">
                <INPUT type="hidden" name="TypeOfInquiryNumber" value="R">
                <INPUT type="submit" value="Track this package">
                <INPUT type="reset" value="Reset">
                </FORM>

I took our our info in three places above, "SenderShipperNumber", "Your UPS Acct # Here", and "Your UPS HTML License Here" ...

On our former site, before we had Order Manager set-up, we would often times track packages for customers straight from our site because it was so convenient.

Good luck!

Comment

Very clean and fresh site design, I like it very much. Some thoughts:

The "complete pricing guide" hurt my eyes a bit, lol. Darkening the links, lightening the border (maybe a single line as well?) and widening the width could do wonders there. Check this link out for some awesome table styling ideas: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008...table-designs/ (smashing mag is an amazing resource all around)

The calendar that pops up when you select "when you need it delivered" is very cool, we've been looking to use a similar feature. I assume the actual input selection is javascript, my question is where are you getting that info to go in 3dcart to be reviewed later? Like, I could easily pop it in the form on our website, but where will the data show up?

Overall, really well done site, one of the best I've seen in a while. Kudos to your designer. Good luck with the sales!

Comment

Thanks so much ... I agree, the complete pricing guide needs some help. It is something we brought over from our old site and really haven't spent much time on yet - except making sure the links were correct. It's being moved up the list of improvements!

The calendar option is populating right into product options. It is javascript however due to the changes in layout and how we needed things to go into the cart (we use Stone Edge) we used custom programming.

Thanks for your feedback and taking the time to review our site.

Comment

Welcome to 3Dcart Buttons. Do I remember you from the forums of the cart with the purple mascot?
                      Steve Teske
                      Director of eCommerce
                      Hogan Walker LLC
                      www.GreenFunStore.com
                      www.GreenPartStore.com
                      www.FarmFunStore.com
                      www.HoganWalker.com

Comment

Hi Steve,

Yes! I remember you as well. I dropped off the forums from the other one as things went south over there and it was obvious that a new solution was the best answer. It took us a long time to get moving on it! We started this process in August and launched in January. We also launched Stone Edge at the same time. Lots of process improvements for us.

I hope things are going well for you ... thanks for the friendly welcome.

Julie

Comment

Hey Buttons,

I looked at the new version of your pricing list, definitely moving in the right direction there. I'm a fan of the TR rollover, that's an easy way to keep straight where you're looking. If it were me, I'd use that white space to the left up- expand into it, that way you can make the text a tad bigger and easier to read. You could even go with a slightly font.

I've two monitors set up here, one that's saturated well and one's that's slightly washed out (to see how things look on both). It looks fine on the "good" monitor, but the washy one is making your teal text kind of fade away. Granted, not everyone has a washed-out monitor, but it's something to think about :)

I'm working on a price list of our own at the moment... have the design done, just need to get the pricing right. It's nice and rounded, easy to read, hopefully we get that up soon, haha.

Good stuff, hasta la vista

Comment

Working...
                          X