X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching to single page checkout.

Anything needed to know beforehand?
    Is it working for evereyone? :)

That was the first thing I switched on both my upgraded sites and it seems to be fine.

DaveW

Comment

We're using it. Good thing to know is that the "checkout4.html" template applies to the one-page checkout as well. Additionally, I think "checkout-singlepage.html" or something like that is the template for the one-page-checkout. Took some trial and error to figure that out.

Anyway, we like it, saves time/space, looks cool... no problems.

Comment

thanks for the info.
        Yes, we weren't using it since we need to customize the html. Thanks for the checkout4 tip!

Comment

The one-page checkout does not allow you to offer optional insurance - therefore I don't use it yet.
          C Ekman
          Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
          http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

You're talking about Buysafe, right? Assuming you force your customers to review their cart before checking out (as many retailers do) this isn't a problem because they can add the insurance right there BEFORE going to the one-page checkout bit. Same goes for calculating shipping even. I guess if you used the mini cart and frequently had customers never actually go to view_cart.asp, that'd be a bit of an issue, however.

Comment

Nothing's needed to know. We use it. I think it makes more sense for the end user...seems like less of a "task" to checkout. As a purchaser on other sites I don't like knowing there's still another step, and also not knowing what that step is, except what step number is coming next. The single page takes care of it all at once.

Comment

What parts of checkout4.html apply to the single page checkout??
                Thanks

Comment

We are testing the single page and still having issues.

The billing address states table does not utilize the credit card states table used in store config, so, we can't use the single page checkout.
                  Anyone know a workaround for this?
                  Last edited by Mark; 02-18-2009, 12:39 PM.

Comment

We have a single online payment method "Credit Card"

However, in single page checkout, the payment method is rendered as
                    "?Credit Card"

Anyone know how to fix this defect?:confused:

Comment

Originally posted by glowsource View Post
                      You're talking about Buysafe, right? Assuming you force your customers to review their cart before checking out (as many retailers do) this isn't a problem because they can add the insurance right there BEFORE going to the one-page checkout bit. Same goes for calculating shipping even. I guess if you used the mini cart and frequently had customers never actually go to view_cart.asp, that'd be a bit of an issue, however.

No - I'm not referring to BuySafe - I don't use that
                      C Ekman

Comment

Originally posted by cekman View Post
                        No - I'm not referring to BuySafe - I don't use that
                        Haha, my mistake. In that case I don't have any input (don't know how/what you're using works, etc.). :o

@ Mark:

I believe checkout4.html is the "thank you for ordering" page. To test this you can simply put something new on the template, upload it, and see if it changes (I like adding colons or periods where they weren't before, to be discrete). We popped our Google Adwords conversion nonsense and some other things in that page.

As far as the state thing, I really have no idea, we don't use that at all =/

The "?Credit Card" error is probably visible in the template somewhere. Go in and see if you have "?Credit Card" (I like the cntrl-F find feature in Dreamweaver or anything else), then, if it makes sense, take the ? out, upload, and see if it still works without it :)

Comment

Thanks for the replies. The ?Credit Card isn't in the template. It uses a call from the "payment type" I think, and that is correct. I think it has something to do with the "selected" code with the radio button format. I guess I'll have to submit a ticket. Can others checks theirs? In some browers it appears as a little square box. Anyone? It probably only occurs when you have a single paymnent method.

Comment

Oh - I remember another reason I didn't use single page...

Once the user is at the checkout page they are no longer given the ability to update their cart. There is no link "Update Cart" and there is nothing automatically displayed anywhere else.

I had a customer VERY confused with this. The screen allowed her to change the quantity - as in type over it - but it didn't really change anything.

She spent a lot of time trying to figure it out and finally left the site and emailed me.

The page needs to be changed to give the user and OBVIOUS way to make changes to their cart after they click the checkout page.
                            C Ekman

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                              Thanks for the replies. The ?Credit Card isn't in the template. It uses a call from the "payment type" I think, and that is correct. I think it has something to do with the "selected" code with the radio button format. I guess I'll have to submit a ticket. Can others checks theirs? In some browers it appears as a little square box. Anyone? It probably only occurs when you have a single paymnent method.
                              Mark,

Are you still seeing this issue? If so, drop me a line of whats happening and I will open a ticket for you with design.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X