Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Banner Modification

Hello everyone,

I just implimented my own SSL certificate and have listed it on the right banner under my Payment Methods. Once I get this figured out, I will add some more seals to that side (McAfee Secure, PayPal, Google Checkout, etc)

However, I want to change the format a little. Take a look at my site:

www.totaloutdoorsman.com

Notice the right banner has tan color text that is underlined. That is the best I was able to make it look, but it is not exactly what I want. I want to get rid of the green bar above "Payment Methods" and move it below the text "Payment Methods", then eliminate the tan underline. I also want to replace the tan underline under "For Your Security" and replace it with the green bar that goes all the way across.

These green bars are not defined in the "right banner" html and must be defined in the frame. However, I cannot find them in the frame.html file either. I am no HTML expert, but dreamweaver goes a long way :)

Any ideas?
    www.totaloutdoorsman.com - Your Total Choice for the Outdoors

Without seeing your code I'm not sure of much. If it's not showing up my best guess is that it's a CSS table style that's causing a bottom border of green on those cells and since payment methods etc. is in a different cell, that's where that's coming from. Again, that's just a guess.

The underlining can be fixed with CSS. Simply make whatever style is active on that text say:

Code:
    style1 {
    font: Arial;
    color: yellow;
    TEXT-DECORATION: NONE;
    }
    That text decoration part is what you need to add to get rid of the underline.

Those are the best solutions I can come up with not looking at your code specifically. Hope it helps!

Comment

Glowsource,

Thanks for the info. I think you are right, it is probably the CSS. However, I don't know anything about CSS...

What do you mean by "make style active?"

Correct me if I am wrong, but if I change the CSS, won't it change every font/text that is link to that portion of the CSS?

I can provide the code if you want to see it. Just let me know what you want me to provide (frame, banner, etc.)

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dcox View Post
        Glowsource,

Thanks for the info. I think you are right, it is probably the CSS. However, I don't know anything about CSS...

What do you mean by "make style active?"

Correct me if I am wrong, but if I change the CSS, won't it change every font/text that is link to that portion of the CSS?

I can provide the code if you want to see it. Just let me know what you want me to provide (frame, banner, etc.)

Thanks!

You can go the extra mile and define a new css area and then define the colors for for it.

I would recommend opening a ticket with our designers at support.3dcart.com and see if they can offer you some guidance.

Comment

Yea, i think a ticket may be the best option for this issue. I try to post design stuff here so that it doesn't bog them down and the other users see the solution.

When I get a solution, i will post it here.

Thanks!

Comment

I agree with Robb that defining a new CSS attribute for whatever particular part you want to change is surely the best idea. Obviously, if you don't know CSS very well you can mess a lot of stuff up by tinkering with the global settings. Ticket's a good idea, they'll help you out!

Comment

We finally got it fixed. All I had to do was remove the "Class = 'MENU-HEADERS" tag in the banner. The funny thing is, it affected my links at the top... I have no idea why but they got "scrunched" together. Carlin had to fix it for me. He told me to change the cell pdding and/or add spaces. Those did not work because the padding added space all the way around the top menue links, making the menu bar too tall and the spaces didn't work because I needed more than 1 space between each word to look right.

I guess copying and pasting the code to dreamweaver killed this because all I modified was the right banner area... Carlin ended up having to fix it for me, although I don't know exactly what he did to do so.

Comment

Working...
              X