Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site Design - Input Needed

Hi everybody,

We've been using 3dCart for about a year now. I've read these forums quite a bit over that time, so thanks to all of you for the great advice that I've gotten.

I'd love to hear your candid feedback on the look and feel of our site. I want to redesign the home page first, using more images and less text....let me know what you think about that and anything else that is missing or confusing.

Thanks a lot!

http://www.moiskincare.com

I like the colors, simple and look ellegant!

Homepage, usually website put the promotion. Imagine about flyers, it has content about what you offer (discount, free shipping, bonus, prize etc). Check my website to look the 'homepage': www.orchardcorset.com

For every categories, maybe you can put some words / paragraphs, i.e:

Home > Skin Care
    http://www.moiskincare.com/assets/images/skincare.gif
    Moi Skin Care offers something really valuable , organic, etc etc.. I mean put the unique words like organic or other thing that special on your website. Also persuade people to buy something from your web, or at least they browsing the products..

In my opinion for every products, maybe you want to put "ingredients" ? Let say your "Pangea French Chamomile with Sweet Orange and Lavender" says :
    Fantastic! That sums up this product in one word. But if you need more than that, how about relaxing, vitamin-rich, soothing, strengthening? All of this in one bottle... Like we said, fantastic! Perfect for dry or thirsty skin.
    You can put more information about orange / lavender again on description. Let say "The fragrance of chamomile is relaxing, with strength of lavender etc.."

Sorry for my english language, its not my primary language lol, so I hope you understand what I say.. Just input though ;)

Comment

Great feedback....thanks for all of the detailed recommendations! I hope someday I can help you back! Thanks-David

Comment

Good that you like it ;) success for you :)

Comment

Feedback

I like the cleanliness and simplicity, color palette and fonts. Product shots look good too.

I think the non-product links (Home| About Us| Contact Us| My Account|) could use some spacing...maybe a different color too, and no need to underline considering they're called out in their own bar.

On the product page, the name needs to be a larger font, it gets lost. The product image could be much bigger. People have big screens and plenty of bandwidth now and like to see what the hey they're buying.

The Add to Cart needs to be by the price, and all that other stuff (Send to and In Stock) should be together too, instead of spread across the page. Maybe put it up next to the picture of the product.

The Related Items needs some separation of some sort. It runs into the copy and isn't visually distinctive. Maybe a horizontal bar or some spacing, different background color, whatever. What are the checkboxes below each of the Realated Items?

The left navigation...it has a white background like everything else. There should be some distinction for that too. There should be no doubt as to what's navigation and what's product information. Maybe the blue or olive color you use in the flower-like ornamentation of the logo.

Overall it looks classy. Resolve a few of these user-interface issues and you've got yourself a gem.

Comment

Bfisher, thanks for the feedback!

The product pages definitely need work....I'm not sure why the 'related items' have checkboxes....interestingly enough, they aren't there for all products (e.g. Devita Cappuccino Cocoa Masque), but they do show up for most others...weird.

I have a couple of quick questions:
            • Do I change the menu bar (non-product links) in 'frame.html' ?
            • What browser are you using? I don't see the menu links underlined...I don't see it in IE or Firefox in Windows.

Thanks again for all the great detailed suggestions....I'll be working on these pronto....or at least as soon as I get my current crisis resolved. My wife changed the font on all of the product descriptions & content pages to a non-standard font (fantasy i think its called) that looks great on her Mac but awful on IE & Windows Firefox.

Unfortunately, she did it MANUALLY in each and every description using the WYSIWYG function. I'm trying to go back into each one, clear the formatting, and then modify the style sheet to have a master control for the font. Let me know if you think there is an easier way, and thanks again for your suggestions & help!

-David

Comment

Originally posted by domnisch View Post

I have a couple of quick questions:
              • Do I change the menu bar (non-product links) in 'frame.html' ?
              • What browser are you using? I don't see the menu links underlined...I don't see it in IE or Firefox in Windows.

Unfortunately, she did it MANUALLY in each and every description using the WYSIWYG function. I'm trying to go back into each one, clear the formatting, and then modify the style sheet to have a master control for the font. Let me know if you think there is an easier way, and thanks again for your suggestions & help!

-David
              to change the menu bar, I think you should have it somewhere around: Setting >> Design >> Titles and content or Site Content, try to put space in between " home | contact us | my account"

I use IE and Firefox in WIN and for the menu links are not underlined, it's on CSS..

for wysiwyg function, for me it's pain, the other day we changed the font / tables, but it didn't work. So, if you have the HTML editor like Macromedia Dreamweaver , will be muccch better. Or if i'm not mistaken, there's a similar software called "Page Breeze" and I think its free..

Comment

* Do I change the menu bar (non-product links) in 'frame.html' ?
                Yes

* What browser are you using? I don't see the menu links underlined...I don't see it in IE or Firefox in Windows.
                Firefox, but they're no longer underlined.

"Let me know if you think there is an easier way"
                I use Dreamweaver. If you use it or another Site Editor, you can re-upload the pages and just replace whatever you did MANUALLY. Remember, if you edit a page, save it to your templates' folder (something to the effect of v300##) and then upload it. Anything in the templates folder will take precedence over the common folder. What I do is open it from the common folder, then save it to my templates' folder and upload. Then, if I have an error, I can just remove the file from the templates' folder on the server, the common file shows, and nothing's lost.

Comment

Working...
                X