Live Online Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Online Support

Anyone care to share how well this "add-on" feature is working for you?
    :)

I've had it going to a couple of months probably. I have only had 2 people chat with me - but one of those turned into a sale.

Must keep in mind that I'm a very small business though.

I LOVE using it just to monitor how many people are on my site. Sometimes it amazes me that there are 6-7 people shopping at once - then bums me out that none of those are buying :(

I haven't had any real trouble with it other than a couple of times it appeared to lock up and closed Explorer - but only a couple of times and I'm not 100% sure that was the cause.

I like it for the monitor feature alone and I think it ads a bit of 'professionalism' to my very small business.

I turn it on whenever I'm going to be at my computer for any extended amount of time.
    C Ekman
    Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
    http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Does NOT Work

David Murray of 3dCart Technical Support told me this a few months ago:

"We have not received a fix yet from the makers of the software (Live Chat). Until we receive a fix it will remain disabled so it will not affect the performance of your website."

Comment

We had it up for several months, but had only a handful of responses. Wasn't really worth trying to be around to monitor it, so we stopped it.

Comment

The Live Chat that 3D uses is strikingly similar to what you can get from Provide Support. I get mine from Provide Support and I pay the monthly fees.

I like it because I can see people online and see what they are looking at, I don't get calls on it very often. They usually contact me by phone or another way. The thing I don't like is the program doesn't maintain a history, so I can't see who's been on today or what they've looked at.

I used to use Zazachat, and I liked it but it's a little more than I wanna spend for live chat.

Comment

we used it for a while. didn't really help much, we used it mainly to see how many people were on our site. BUT, we also noticed that it did slow our site down, and since we have McAfee as well, we didn't want to have our customers have to wait for 3 servers. So since it wasn't a big hit for us, we removed it. Although, I love the feature when I'm on a site! I use it often when I'm shopping, it gives the customer some instant gratification, and that's good. Just wasn't working in our industry. Maybe women like to use it more than men, our customers are mainly of the male sort :) Hope this helps. :)
            (¯`v´¯)
            `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
            (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
            * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
            www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
            www.Trailer-Wheels.com
            www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

Can someone tell me how to determine if live chat is affecting my site response?

Did it only slow your site down when you had it activated or all of the time?

Thanks
              C Ekman

Comment

Only when I had it activated (if I understand you correctly do you mean when i had the live chat code on our site?) if that's what you mean then yes, it was only slow then. we still can use it, but don't have the code on our site. Now it's fine, the site is a lot faster now that it's not there.
                (¯`v´¯)
                `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
                (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
                * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
                www.Trailer-Wheels.com
                www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

Thanks for the response MissHTML

Now I'm really confused. By 'activated' I actually meant - you clicked the Live Chat button and were actually monitoring the activity - i.e. the customers could SEE that the live chat was available to them?

How can you use the feature if the code is not on your site? Does it still allow you to chat - but not 'see' who is shopping?

Would you mind browsing my site and telling me if it's overly slow?

Thanks!
                  C Ekman

Comment

no I meant just when the code was in place, you can't use it unless it's in place but it's still activated, meaning we can use it with the cart plan we have. sorry for the miscommunication. I checke your site and it's fine, ours was super slow for some odd reason, but we have a very graphic-heavy site as well, and the McAfee is an additional server as well. It was hard for us to remove it because we loved viewing the people on ours site and how they navigated it. It's a really great tool for the right site, definitely! And your site looks like one that it would be beneficial too, and your site is not slow at all. At least not on my pc with my connection. :)
                    (¯`v´¯)
                    `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
                    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
                    * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
                    www.Trailer-Wheels.com
                    www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

Thanks MissHTML for taking the time to check my site response! That was really helpful.

One thing to add to the post - I'm surprised how often I'll be watching the traffic on my site and notice that someone is on an ERROR page.

You can click the link to the page and usually it is that the customer tried to add an item to their cart that is out of stock.

I was confused about this and started to investigate. It appears that customers were searching for SPECIFIC cross stitch books and would find me in google for that specific product.

They would click the google link and would still be taken to the product page even though it was out of stock. Then they would try to add it to their cart and it would tell them it was no longer available.

I don't allow out of stock items to stay 'active' on my site - due to the nature of how I obtain my inventory. So - I'm not sure why they still get to that page.

But it showed me how many missed sales I was getting and told me perhaps I need to update my site.xml file more often.
                      C Ekman

Comment

I have been using the live chat since I joined 3dcart, which was back in Sept 2007. I have never had any problems with it freezing up, or slowing the site down.

I like to use it to see how many people are on my site and what they are looking at. I don't get a ton of people who utilize it, but the ones that do almost always turn into a sale.

I personally, ALWAYS use live chat, when I need customer service and am shopping the Internet (assuming it is offered). I much prefer it over using the phone.

Comment

Working...
                        X