Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart's service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing [email protected] so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
* Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
* While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
* We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
* Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
* We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
* Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

Add to cart button background colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add to cart button background colour

Hi,

I am new to the forum and here to learn as much as I can. I have been trying to change the background colour of my "add to basket" buttons etc.

I have worked out how to change the text of the button by going through
    Setting, Design, Themes & Styles and then modify style, edit “btn” but I cant
    workout how to change the background colour of the button.

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Click here to see the button

Thanks,
    Finlay
    Last edited by fw1980; 06-03-2009, 08:37 AM.

Buttons are images

Hi Finlay,

Your site is great, you've done a really nice job!

The add to cart buttons are actually image slices that are tiled. You need to have ftp access in order to change them. If you look in your CSS for .btn, you will see a tag that says background: url(images/BG_.gif) repeat-x; There is a different image for button_over as well.

If you have ftp access, just look for the bg_.gif and bg_btn1.gif files and download them to your computer. You can then edit them in Photoshop - change the colors etc. That's what I did for our site. Just don't forget to use "save for web" to make sure the file sizes are nice and small.

Actually, you could probably remove the url(images/BG_.gif) repeat-x; reference and replace it with background-color: and whatever color code you wanted. I'm not proficient in CSS, so I'm not sure if it would work, but it's worth a try. Don't forget to save a copy of the original CSS before you go fiddling with it in case it doesn't work, that way you won't have to remember what the original code was!

Good luck!
    Jennie

Comment

Hi Jennie,

Just had a look at your site it looks great, I like the way you have done your buttons.

I tried to remove the url(images/BG_.gif) repeat-x; reference and replace it with background color: and then color code but it didn't make any difference to anything :-(

I am not sure what you mean by ftp access as thats something I haven't done yet but I am learning new things all the time.

Thanks,
      Finlay
      Last edited by fw1980; 07-21-2009, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Hello Finlay,

Usually, when you get the 3dcart set up for the first time, they will send you email (welcome email) about your account information, like temporary password, and all sort of stuff.

I give you an example email that contains that info:
        Store Manager
        babyonthego.3dcartstores.co.uk/admin/
        Login: 3dcartadmin123456
        Password: *****
        NOTE: you will be prompted to change the password the first time you log in.

FTP information (Only necessary for making template changes)
        server: babyonthego.3dcartstores.co.uk
        login: baby
        pass: **********
        Ok, now if you get this email, you can download the FTP software (if you don't have it), the freeware and easy is filezilla : http://filezilla-project.org/
        After that, open that software, and put the FTP information above on the text field. Host means same with server, username means login, password means password. Don't need to put Port number, and click "quick connect".

Ok, so, if you connected you will see on the right hand side (that is 3d server for your store) and just look for the bg_.gif and bg_btn1.gif . You may ask the 3dcart tech support where they located. And when you find it, copy / download to your computer, then you edit it, and upload again to the same place.. but I suggest you to save the original button for back up, in case you make the wrong size / design or stuff like that, so you just can go back to the original color / shape.. Good luck :)

Comment

Thanks for the advice Dan, I followed your instructions and found bg_btn.gif and bg_btn1.gif and downloaded them on to my pc, only problem is they don’t seem to be the "add to basket" button I am looking for :mad:

This is what they look like on the pc.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c106/gsifin/BTN.jpg

Anyone any idea's

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by fw1980 View Post
            I tried to remove the url(images/BG_.gif) repeat-x; reference and replace it with background color: and then color good but it didn't make any difference to anything :-(
            you were pretty close here. to change the background color, you need to change (in the CSS file, under the "btn" class)

PHP Code:
            background:transparent url(images/BG_.gifrepeat-x scroll 0 0
            to
            PHP Code:
            background-colorblue
            Last edited by djandrew; 07-18-2009, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks Andrew,

I got the color changed at last :) Thanks for everyones help

Comment

Can someone tell me where exactly the BG (add to cart image) is located.

I am using ftp.

Thank you.

Comment

pretty sure it depends on your template. some are just buttons and don't use images.

a lot has changed since 2009

Comment

We did this last year. I didn't want to start a new thread for this, that is why I piggy backed on this one.

UPDATE: We found it. We are posting this to help anyone else who is looking.

Via FTP:

web/assets/templates/[YOUR TEMPLATE]/css/images/BG_btn.

Thank You.
                    Last edited by damiencaz; 01-19-2014, 09:09 AM.

Comment

You can likely right click on your button and depending on browser get something like view image, inspect element, etc. At least one of these should show the image with file location in the address bar or the HTML and or CSS associated with it.
                      Last edited by mondo; 01-18-2014, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X