Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Order Discount and Drop Shipping Problem

Hello everyone,

I have found a problem/glitch that I do not know how to fix. When I add a discount to a phone order, which I often do, 3dcart assumes it is being "shipped" from me. I assume this is what is happening anyway because all of my other products are drop shipped. So, if I have an order almost complete with shipping included, and then add a discount, the shipping costs shoot up. I then have to go back and adjust the discount...

I think what is happening here is 3dcart knows the product is shipping from the warehouse in X location and then it sees the discount as a product that is shipping from my Y location, so it calculates shipping twice... This would be correct if I was actually shipping the discount, but obviously this is not a shipable item.

How can I prevent this?
    www.totaloutdoorsman.com - Your Total Choice for the Outdoors

To expedite your support request, it would be more efficient to submit a ticket to support.3dcart.com or contact our support teeam at 1-800-828-6650 option 3.

Comment

Robb,

Thanks for the info. I am not in a hurry for the answer, so I thought it would be beneficial to post it on the forum for other users to see the solution. I do not do many phone orders, so I am not overly concerned about it.

Any ideas about a work aorund?

Comment

For whatever reason, 3dcart cannot offer a discount without causing a shipping problem... Sees odd to me...

They suggested allowing price changes for phone orders. That works OK, but doesn't look as nice on an invoice to the customer as a discount in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
        X