Template Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Template Change

I want to change the template I am using and also make some changes to my site. Is there any way to modify the new template without involving the existing Live template. It seems that I have to apply the new template to my site before I can work on it. I may be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.:o

Thanks

I've worked with Carts (non-hosted) where I can basically have a complete copy of the store on my local computer. I can make changes, see them locally, and know what it's looking like before pushing it live.

3dcart is a hosted solution (which has many advantages) but unfortunately this makes it hard to make and view changes locally. What I would do is pull down your template files via FTP. Rename the folder so you're working with your own unique template. Then during a time when you don't think you're affecting to many customers, work on your site, viewing your changes live. If you need to quit while things are still looking pretty ugly and broken, simply switch back to the unaffected template until you're ready to work on it again.

Just my 2 cents.
    www.KarensCookies.net
    Cookie Decorating Simplified

Comment

Working...
    X