New store!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New store!

I just launched a new store I have been working on for months: batteryworld dot com.

I would love any feedback or advice.

Thanks!

Looking really good! Nice and clean, and easy to navigate.

I have to run, but will look at it more later.
    www.KarensCookies.net
    Cookie Decorating Simplified

Comment

Very Very nice. Good job! :)
      www.concession-supply.com

Comment

Thanks! I appreciate it

Comment

Congratulations and very nice. Looks great!
          Would you mind sharing what you used for the rotating images on your home page - software from Dwuser or something else?

Comment

Yes, it is definitely looking good.

Where did you get the code for the flash on the front page? We had a flash created by 3dcart (which we wanted ours to work like yours) - but of course is wasn't part of the package'. So we had to settle with the way they did it.

Comment

Flash

I found a flash designer to do it for me. He was inexpensive (like $75) and then I just inserted it into the page. I'd be happy to share his contact info or I could even offer my code if you know how to tweak flash coding to fit your site. The cool part is I don't need him anymore when I want new images, I can just upload a new image called banner1.jpg, banner2.jpg, etc and that replaces the old image AND I can change what I want the slide to link to if anything

Comment

Originally posted by BestCostumeSite View Post
                Yes, it is definitely looking good.

Where did you get the code for the flash on the front page? We had a flash created by 3dcart (which we wanted ours to work like yours) - but of course is wasn't part of the package'. So we had to settle with the way they did it.
                We actually just had a meeting last week about our new packages. We have that code stabilized so it works with all of the carts. If you contact me, [email protected], we can upgrade your flash banner without an additional fee, to have this same functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by inspironbattery View Post
                  I found a flash designer to do it for me. He was inexpensive (like $75) and then I just inserted it into the page. I'd be happy to share his contact info or I could even offer my code if you know how to tweak flash coding to fit your site. The cool part is I don't need him anymore when I want new images, I can just upload a new image called banner1.jpg, banner2.jpg, etc and that replaces the old image AND I can change what I want the slide to link to if anything
                  We actually do offer that same addon package for design. One advantage of using our design options, as opposed to using your own code or a 3rd party, is that we will troubleshoot and integrate it so that its not going to cause any conflicts with any other part of your cart and also offer cross browser compatibility. :)

Comment

Just curious what you used to create the swf file?:confused:

Comment

I found several pieces of software that creates these flash files. Many of them do much more than what I wanted in a little homepage flash file, and many of them over $50.

However, I decided to try this one for 30 bucks:
                      http://www.flashslider.com/

It's perfect. Pretty easy to use, gives you a few simple transitions, change the timing, use URLs for each image... about all I'd ever need.

You can see an example of what it does on my home page:
                      www.karenscookies.net

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there.
                      www.KarensCookies.net

Comment

Very nice! :)
                        Quick question, the slides in your show have rounded borders. Is that the slides themselves or a template from flashslider?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                          Very nice! :)
                          Quick question, the slides in your show have rounded borders. Is that the slides themselves or a template from flashslider?
                          The graphics simply have rounded corners before they're imported.
                          www.KarensCookies.net

Comment

Thanks for the tip. :)
                            That's a pretty low budget provider, but, it fits the need. We were looking at another vendor, 49 bucks......
                            Note: your registration key is not sent right away as they claim. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                              Thanks for the tip. :)
                              That's a pretty low budget provider, but, it fits the need. We were looking at another vendor, 49 bucks......
                              Note: your registration key is not sent right away as they claim. :(
                              I noticed that too... but guess what... the demo isn't as stifled as they claim either. I was able to publish a movie with whatever links I wanted. They claim they don't let you do that. Having said that I got the registration info within a day after purchase.
                              www.KarensCookies.net

Comment

Working...
                              X