Please Tell Me...Any Suggestions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Tell Me...Any Suggestions??

I need to either redesign, change or do something different. I'm open to all suggestions. Sales on the site have been slow, although phone orders are better than usual. I'd like to get or try to get more orders online to justify paying for an online site. The site is in the black so far this year, but just barely.

site review

you have a nice site only thing i would bring up is fix up your home page you have way to many things on there think as if you were your site and you was trying to impress your lady friend. How would you look? what would you wear? what shoes would you put on? blah blah blah do your research on other companies like your. Ask friends blah blah blah you should only have max 6 products on your page for more details there is a 97cent charge for each word typed :):D

Comment

Thanks & I'll change that right now.;) Anymore? I added a Taser content page with videos.

Comment

I get security warings when I visit your site. not sure why. IE 6

We took the first two years as loss on tax returns before we started recording an income.

Comment

ok great we are looking a lot better. now lets bring up yogi bear on the side he looks a little out of place. Also you have a two broken links images on there you may want to remove. We gonna get your sales up! :D now try yahoo shopping to sale some of your products. now if you cant do that i have 3 companies that could really help well two cause one is mad at me right now lol.
          one of the companies does your SEO service for your website they have price plans you can start with. I think the lowest plan is $500 Vs other companies that want you to give the $4000 and up to do SEO. they are nice people and they really want to help you. If anyone give you the lip let me know cause i know the CEO and she don't wanna hear my lip. The I have another company that does your Data Feed for Bizrate, yahoo,Bing blah blah blah not godatafeed sorry 3dcart partner. Last think about doing a site design it would make a great differents in your sales life trust me! send me a private message for details:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Wookie View Post
            Thanks & I'll change that right now.;) Anymore? I added a Taser content page with videos.
            HEY! don't have that taser video up there my wife may see it and buy it lol and use it when i don't buy the shoes she wanted :D or most of all use it when i'm talking about her cooking cause that's all the personal security you need cause you eat that food you wont come again lol :p

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
              I get security warings when I visit your site. not sure why. IE 6

We took the first two years as loss on tax returns before we started recording an income.

I have a couple of pictures on the home page that do that (security issues). I don't know how to fix them other than to remove them. I know it takes a while it make $$ on the web; it just gets depressing when I see the monthly money go out and not come in. :(

I was makeing money before I moved to 3d, but the last hosting company had a lot of issues. Not PCI Compliant, uptime, and other problems. I moved here with same company name but different web address so I know it takes work to get page rank and just get known at new address.

Comment

Sept Nice comment of the day

well David give it sometime your not going to make millions over night I lost money 3 years straight before i made any money I was going tru money like water and i own a clothing store my photo shoots by itself cost me $1800 bi weekly but most of the time monthly and that just to have someone take my photos then I had to pay the models so on so on but what I'm saying is it will get better just give it some time every big company had to go threw some hard times before they made money. Keep ya head up don't get depress be happy you beat it don't let it beat you. lol that was my nice comment of the day:D

Comment

I don't think you need a complete overhaul. These are my suggestions:
                  • Get a decent logo (and make the logo link to home - industry standard practice)
                  • stop changing your fonts for links on hover (very annoying when they jump around)
                  • redesign your home page
                  • fix broken images
                  • definitely fix your IE security warnings

As far as a logo goes, you can pay hundreds of dollars to some firm or designer or you can use something like logoyes.com and create your own quickly for 70 bucks. As long as you have some sort of typographical treatment and perhaps some graphic or icon, then that sets you up really well for looking legit and professional.

Here's just a quickie I did up in photoshop... icon (has shield=defense and security, + = plus) and a bit of typographical treatment and there you go:

http://www.msummers.com/mikesstuff/psp_logo.gif

Just some thoughts.
                  Last edited by maksum; 09-06-2009, 10:12 PM.
                  www.KarensCookies.net
                  Cookie Decorating Simplified

Comment

Originally posted by maksum View Post
                    I don't think you need a complete overhaul. These are my suggestions:
                    • Get a decent logo (and make the logo link to home - industry standard practice)
                    • stop changing your fonts for links on hover (very annoying when they jump around)
                    • redesign your home page
                    • fix broken images
                    • definitely fix your IE security warnings

As far as a logo goes, you can pay hundreds of dollars to some firm or designer or you can use something like logoyes.com and create your own quickly for 70 bucks. As long as you have some sort of typographical treatment and perhaps some graphic or icon, then that sets you up really well for looking legit and professional.

Here's just a quickie I did up in photoshop... icon (has shield=defense and security, + = plus) and a bit of typographical treatment and there you go:

http://www.msummers.com/mikesstuff/psp_logo.gif

Just some thoughts.
                    WOW! You did a great job! And thanks for the input! I will get on it this week for sure! I've been thinking the logo needs changed. I've been spying on the competition.

Comment

suggestions

I have a load of suggestions.....

You can hide your left banner when people go to checkout, that'll eliminate the nonsecure warning I got

You can change the way your listing pages or category pages look, I mean the style

Use Web CEO and take the free training course, that should help with your rankings in the search engines, I've had great success using the free version

Compare yourself to big box stores, and pick up on some of the stuff they do as far as design goes

Don't go back to Prostores =)

Comment

And if you want that, feel free to take it and use it. I'm sure time, money, and effort would produce something better, but I just think any serious online store should have at least something somewhat attractive and unique for a logo... and this was just an example.

good luck!
                        www.KarensCookies.net

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenEagleOutdoors View Post
                          Compare yourself to big box stores, and pick up on some of the stuff they do as far as design goes
                          ah yes... this is a good one. The big boys spend lots and lots of money on usability testing. No need to reinvent the wheel.
                          www.KarensCookies.net

Comment

We think that too much links or references to "security" may be too much. We think it may turn away customers. None of the big box stores have all these references to " security" , so , we leave it out. Just a thought.
                            www.concession-supply.com

Comment

Originally posted by maksum View Post
                              And if you want that, feel free to take it and use it. I'm sure time, money, and effort would produce something better, but I just think any serious online store should have at least something somewhat attractive and unique for a logo... and this was just an example.

good luck!

I might, but I'm going to call around tomorrow-(Tuesday). I don't have Photoshop or any other creator and you're right. The current is plain & boring. Thanks for the offer.

Comment

Working...
                              X