Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonjour Pierre / new online shop.

Click here to visit shop.

Went with a clean, stylish look. What do you think? All feedback wanted.

WOW!
    is all I can say, great site!

Comment

Just a couple notes from viewing in FF3:

http://www.karenscookies.net/assets/...jour_notes.gif

Also, the buttons are not only cut off, but they have no roll-over state, and the cursor remains a pointer.

and in IE8:
      http://www.karenscookies.net/assets/...our_notes2.gif

Looks really nice. It's bold and unique. I think the big circles are a bit confusing, and it took me a bit to figure out how they work, where they take me, which one was "home", etc.. Whether or not this is worth changing and perhaps losing some of the novelty of your original style is up to you. I would say at the very least add "Home" to your bottom nav.

Definitely eye-catching, stylistic, and "fun"... off the beaten path for sure. Appears that your look and feel appeals very well to your target audience (younger folks). Hopefully these attributes effectively offset the lack of industry standard elements and you find success.

Keep us updated.

Mike
      Last edited by maksum; 09-17-2009, 05:50 AM.
      www.KarensCookies.net
      Cookie Decorating Simplified

Comment

Cheers for the feedback. I tried to have a "different path" online shop.

As for the different browsers looks, I had no clue. I run Safari 4. I overlooked that problem. Were these the only problems you found, Maksum? I appreciate the effort to look into these.

I am shooting a video in Paris in the next upcoming months which will be displayed on the VIDEO player to wrap the customer around the vibe of the brand.

Click here for online shop.
        Last edited by artdavidson; 09-20-2009, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by artdavidson View Post
          were these the only problems you found, Maksum?
          From my initial glance, yes. I didn't give it a really thorough review though. I'll let you know if I see others.

Mike
          www.KarensCookies.net

Comment

Originally posted by maksum View Post
            I think the big circles are a bit confusing, and it took me a bit to figure out how they work, where they take me, which one was "home", etc.. Whether or not this is worth changing and perhaps losing some of the novelty of your original style is up to you.
            I agree, it reminds me of what http://www.websitesthatsuck.com refers to as "mystery meat". If someone were to stumble onto the home page there's nothing to indicate what you sell.

Also I get a javascript error whenever I click on one of the circles so end up not getting into the site. I'm on IE7.

Steve

Comment

Ouch. Never did I think Bonjour Pierre to be compared to Websitesthatsuck. I understand what you're saying.. perhaps have a fade-in box with details about brand / company when website is accessed from main index. Thanks for the feedback.

As for IE7, perhaps you should update your browser. I hate that customers can't access our site properly, but I rather have support to newer browsers than old. Do not take this as a negative comment please. All feedbacks are cared for. Merci.

Comment

As for IE7, perhaps you should update your browser. I hate that customers can't access our site properly, but I rather have support to newer browsers than old. Do not take this as a negative comment please. All feedbacks are cared for. Merci.
                According to wikipedia:
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Msieshare1
                there are still more people using IE 7 than IE 8. You can certainly choose to hate that things are the way they are and refuse to adapt, but along with that choice you're going to lose sales. Just the way it is.

StuTheDog (being on IE7) represents a large percentage of your potential customers. Sure, he personally can upgrade, but that doesn't change your potential customer base.

Personally, I would find it unwise to lock out 20% of all visitors... but that's just me.

Mike
                www.KarensCookies.net

Comment

Cheers for the feedback. I tried to have a "different path" online shop.

As for the different browsers looks, I had no clue. I run Safari 4, and apparently my designer does too. It would cost me to have these changes fixed which hurts my low budget (being a startup brand), but were these the only problems you found, Maksum? I appreciate the effort to look into these. I would change these problems & a few others I know of, but I need to see that these tee's actually sell before I invest more into the website.

I could be wrong - but I would think that your designer would ensure that his or her design is compatible with the major browsers and versions. I recently learned a huge lesson about browsers, compatibility, and sales.

I'll mention this to hopefully keep someone else (who like me is not a professional web designer) from making the same mistake. I completed a redesign last month and checked (and tweaked) the design in the latest versions of Firefox, IE, and Safari. Unfortunately, I didn't think to check the design in slightly older versions of all of these browsers (and a few others). This week I learned from a friend (who uses IE 7) that the buttons on the main horizontal navigation bar were stacked vertically instead of horizontally. A major, major problem, especially after learning via Site Stats that visitors to our site use IE 7.0 more than any other browser!

So I checked the site on Browsershots.org to see how it looked in dozens of browser versions and saw that sure enough it didn't render properly in IE 7.0. I've since made some changes and believe I've corrected the problem (with a few more design tweaks to go). But I know that it has definitely affected sales over the past few months. A good, but hard lesson for us to learn. For the sake of making the right first impression, capitalizing on all of the time and hard work in trying to gain visitors, and sales - it's critical to make sure the site is compatible with the major browsers including more popular older versions that may not be installed on our system.
                  Last edited by ScribeTime; 09-17-2009, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Cheers for the add, ScribeTime. I'm not a design programmer in the least bit, so I never thought to implement this (different browsers). I have heard a few complaints from a few close friends about this since debuting.

I figured I would get a back lash of sorts about my outdated browser remark. I wasn't gearing that comment in that matter. All the help / feedback could be & is needed.

I keep hearing something about "I don't see any shipping options when I am ordering." I know they are running IE. Could someone look into this for me? Cheers for all help.

Comment

Originally posted by maksum View Post
                      According to wikipedia:
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Msieshare1
                      there are still more people using IE 7 than IE 8. You can certainly choose to hate that things are the way they are and refuse to adapt, but along with that choice you're going to lose sales. Just the way it is.

StuTheDog (being on IE7) represents a large percentage of your potential customers. Sure, he personally can upgrade, but that doesn't change your potential customer base.

Personally, I would find it unwise to lock out 20% of all visitors... but that's just me.

Mike
                      I emailed my designer about the browser issues & wants screenshots of the errors. Could you help me out with this or anyone (because my Mac doesn't allow IE to be downloaded without hassle)? Cheers.
                      Last edited by artdavidson; 09-18-2009, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Ouch. Never did I think Bonjour Pierre to be compared to Websitesthatsuck. I understand what you're saying.. perhaps have a fade-in box with details about brand / company when website is accessed from main index. Thanks for the feedback.

Please please I was not comparing Bonjour Pierre to wsts, I was merely saying the first time I landed on your home page I was confused and it reminded me of a "don't this" ism from wsts. Sincere apologies if you misunderstood my post.

Ah browser wars... I went to an Internet Retailer conference last year where they were emphatic that painful as it is one should try hard to hit all the major browsers and versions. Latest statistic say 25% of all browsers in use worldwide is IE6 and if you add IE7 to that it works out to over 50%. Personally I test IE6, 7 & 8, FF1.5->3.5 and Safari. I don't test Chrome but it appears to have overtaken Safari now so I might have to start.

Comment

I understand completely StuTheDog. Too many browsers. lulz

If anyone could help with the screenshots with errors, it would greatly be appreciated with it being much needed to provide to my designer.

Cheers.
                          Last edited by artdavidson; 09-20-2009, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Maksum, I have updated through different browsers. Do you see the same problems as before?

Comment

Working...
                            X