Updated site online live!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated site online live!

We've recently done an overhaul on our site and are looking for feedback. Positive, negative and contructive critisims welcomed. Thanks. :)
    http://www.concession-supply.com
    www.concession-supply.com

Looking really good! Easy to get around, nice and clean. You've got a line of products that feels very complete. I love those vintage signs.

I think if you splashed some pics here and there of happy people eating hot dogs and cotton candy at the fair or whatever (as discussed in the other thread) that would add a lot.

Perhaps one way to implement this would be to find some horizontally oriented stock photos with some copy space and use those as your category headers, such as this:

http://www.karenscookies.net/assets/...eg_example.jpg

just a thought.

I think one of the strong points of your site is your Fun Food Resources page. Always good to have lots of great content (not just products) on your site. Actually drafting up another "Tip of the day" on that :) the short of it is if people can see your site as a "resource" and not just a store, it really helps.

The one suggestion on that page is to open up those .pdfs in new windows and indicate that they are .pdfs for example:
    instead of this:

Profit with Hot Dogs
    Our guide to Profit Making with Hot Dogs!

do this:

Profit with Hot Dogs [.pdf]
    Our guide to Profit Making with Hot Dogs!

or something like it. Little .pdf icons might be a nice touch too. I think people appreciate you telling them when their normal quick browsing is going to be interrupted by loading up a pdf.

Overall I think the site is great.

Good luck!

Mike
    www.KarensCookies.net
    Cookie Decorating Simplified

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. It is appreciated.
      Yes, content rich sites get better ranking that is what we strive to provide. Not just sales but service.
      www.concession-supply.com

Comment

Something I would suggest doing is instead of having a PDF, create a new HTML page with the same content, and allow the customer to choose the method to view it with. HTML will get crawled better by the search engines...

Comment

Originally posted by BestCostumeSite View Post
          Something I would suggest doing is instead of having a PDF, create a new HTML page with the same content, and allow the customer to choose the method to view it with. HTML will get crawled better by the search engines...
          That's a great point for SEO purposes.
          You could also create a link on the html page for customers to download a "printable" PDF version of the information.

Comment

Working...
          X