3DC Tags/Variables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3DC Tags/Variables

hopefully this thread will become a collection of the various tags/variables like [ITEMPRICE],[name],[manf]
    but at the moment i'm looking for one in specific, at both the search/category level and item level i need to display the name of the manufacturer, i found how to display the id ([manf]) but can't find a tag to show the name..

Try [manufacturer]

I am not sure if this is it since we don't use this field, but I have found the best way to get the variable for a field you are not familiar with is to do an export in the admin. You can do this for products, order, customers, etc. The column headings are usually the variable without the brackets. At least that is how I think they handle it.

Comment

Got it from Jimmy [manufacturer_name] by default only worked in the listing page but he changed for us to work in category, search, and home as well

Comment

75 views and not one contribution to the list, come on guys, sharing the knowledge helps us all :p

Comment

variables need to be documented

This has been a major issue for me all along. I have asked tech support a few times for different names, as i needed them, and I did get the help I needed. However, I think this should be fully documented in the 3dcart manual for all to use, without needing to search / ask every time we need to do something.

And... the places in the code, delimited by bracketed procedure names, where the names are active should be included in the doc and whether or not the variable is available for read only or read/write.

;)

Comment

This info is found in the Knowledge Base, but I thought that it might be useful to recite it here, just to help make finding information a little easier for those of us just learning to use 3D software:

What fields can I use in the product listing page (listing.html)?
            Solution

The complete list of fields that can be used is below, remember that in order for them to work they must be in [brackets], ie [name] prints the product name.

id
            name
            cost
            itemprice
            stock
            weight
            minimumorder
            date_created
            description
            extended_description
            keywords
            thumbnail
            image1
            image2
            image3
            image4
            imagecaption1
            imagecaption2
            imagecaption3
            imagecaption4
            title
            metatags
            displaytext
            extra_field_1
            extra_field_2
            extra_field_3
            extra_field_4
            extra_field_5
            extra_field_6
            extra_field_7
            extra_field_8
            extra_field_9
            extra_field_10
            manufacturer_name
            manufacturer_logo

Comment

you can also find some in the https://www.3dcart.com/guide

between the knowledgebase and this guide, it's a start. It's not all accurate, though... sometimes a tag has to be uppercase, sometimes not. And even though most are in brackets[ ] , CATEGORY in the frame.html file is not... but that's only something you get by viewing an existing frame.html file... I could not find one place that noted that difference in a guide or how-to document.:confused:

Comment

Working...
              X