Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas?

Hi,

Being a guy that hates criticism I am going out on a limb here. I thought you might take a look at my site and tell me what you think. Be gentle.

I ask this because I get a lot of visitors, but the sales are low in proportion to the amount of visitors. I get a bunch of clicks from Google adwords, but again, few buyers.

I will be doing a new "About Us" page in the next few days. No need to mention that. It's just a simple description and is being changed. My prices are as good if not better than the majority. I just don't understand why I don't sell more.

I am sure, because I have done it myself, that customers add an item to the cart just to be able to check the shipping cost. That may explain a good amount of abandon carts. Maybe it's just the nature of the beast and my numbers are the norm.

I went online with 3dcart in March 09. September was the first month I sold more on my site than I did on eBay. That was a good thing.

Thanks

www.ColonialMetalDetectors.com

Just to give you a point of comparison, our conversion rate (percentage of visitors who make a purchase) fluctuates between 1.2% - 2%, and I believe that is fairly typical. We are an established site with several hundred orders per week.

Comment

Looks like a nice site--if I were in the market I'd seriously consider a purchase from you.

We have the same stats as above--we finally gave up the ad words as our organic rankings were so high. Sales dropped off dramatically, but then again, so did the $120,000 that we sent Google each year in adwords costs, so it's a wash. Downside, no more frequent flyer points and I'm guessing we won't get that Google beach towel for Christmas this year either. :)

Comment

I agree the site looks nice. Good images, decent prices. Being someone that knows nothing about metal detectors I would place some write ups on the different types and their uses. It might be just the ticket to turn people on and make you unique.

Comment

Thanks cb, rrw & Shop for the replies. rrw, you made sense when you mention dropping adwords. Since I am new online I think I'll keep it going a bit to maybe establish some kind of customer base or just let 'em know I'm out there. I am going to drop one add today. "Lesche" & "Lesche digging tools" is getting a ton of clicks and the items profit margin is a bit small. Plus I just realized those keywords are coming up 1 and 2 in the organic rankings. Thanks for the smack on the head. I needed that.

Shopabit, you may be right. When I look at other detector sites the vast majority offer very little info. I always thought I offered a lot of info on all the products. But again, you may be right. I could/should categorize the detectors as far as hunting styles. (ie. Beach detectors, Surf, relic, coin hunting.....etc.) I did make up comparison charts as to their uses on the brand pages. They probably aren't easy to find.

Thanks again all.......... much appreciated.

CMD

Comment

Don't forget the power of the video demonstration--post them on YouTube and you'll get lots of free traffic from there as well! :)

Our customers (brides) really appreciated being able to see "how" to put on a veil, what our veils look like on "real" people who turn and move, etc.

Comment

Working...
            X