Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to bulk change category options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbsteven
    replied
    Yeah, this would probably work. I don't want to do a bulk import/export though as my categories are controlled by custom programming that 3DC did and I don't want to mess it up.

So I found a workaround by editing my copy of the category_0.html file.
    The "thumbnails/listing/details" options are controlled by these three HTML blocks, respectively:
    <!--START: ITEM_TEMPLATE_0-->
    <!--START: ITEM_TEMPLATE_1-->
    <!--START: ITEM_TEMPLATE_2-->

All you gotta do is switch the 0 and 2 block tags, and the system will now use the detail code for the default thumbnails option. Not perfect but it works enough.

Leave a comment:

• dmoore
    replied
    here is the export headers in csv file

id category_name category_description category_main category_parent category_header category_footer category_title category_meta sorting numtolist displaytype columnum iconimage special_numtolist special_displaytype special_columnum category_columnum category_displaytype related_displaytype related_columnum listing_displaytype hide category_defaultsorting userid last_update itemicon redirectto accessgroup link link_target upsellitems_displaytype upsellitems_columnum filename isFilter keywords

maybe you need to export the catagories and change the displaytype or which ever column and then re-import the file.

Leave a comment:

• cbsteven
    started a topic Any way to bulk change category options?

Any way to bulk change category options?

I want to change all 800 of my categories to show items in the "detail" mode, not "Thumbnail" mode. I can't find a general setting to do this. Is this possible?
Working...
X