Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listing template critique please

Hello,
    This page repsresents all of our links, features, specs, alternates and such and would like feedback on it. Please check out the extrafield links and such. Constructive feedback welcome. Thanks in advance. :)

http://www.concession-supply.com/Gol...amer_p_17.html
    www.concession-supply.com

Very nice, quick loading, links worked ok for me.

I particularly like the "Request Price Match" feature. Have you found that many customers use it? Has it amounted to many sales?

Comment

Thanks.
      We made the Price Match page not only as a sales technique, but, also to gather competitor info. Not many hits, occasionally we get some, but, customers want a quick response, obviously! That's why we put in the 2 hour timeframe for a response.....We tried to limit the amount of personal info required in order to get more responses. We usually have the best price, anyway. :) We have had many "hits" to this price match page, but, many don't follow through. they end up buying! :D
      www.concession-supply.com

Comment

Great sales technique.
        We are usually the low price leader in our area, but it would be a great way to convey to the potential customer that we are committed to staying that way.

Thanks for the idea...now on to building a form.

Comment

Originally posted by concession-supply.com View Post
          Thanks.
          We made the Price Match page not only as a sales technique, but, also to gather competitor info. Not many hits, occasionally we get some, but, customers want a quick response, obviously! That's why we put in the 2 hour timeframe for a response.....We tried to limit the amount of personal info required in order to get more responses. We usually have the best price, anyway. :) We have had many "hits" to this price match page, but, many don't follow through. they end up buying! :D
          I like the template, a lot.

I also really like the Price Match form button, but would like something like it for a different reason.

Look at: http://www.speedwaymotors.com/AFE-Pr...ers,34170.html

Down at the bottom, they have a form for telling them something is screwed up on the product listing.

I would like to put something like this on our pages, but with a button like your price match one.

My question is: Is there any way to send the product ID or name to the form so the customer doesn't have to fill it out? Did you play with that on your price match form?

Thanks,

DaveW

Comment

nice,

you have a js error with addthis
            addthis_open(this, '', '[URL]', 'Gold Medal 8007 Steamin' Demon Hot Dog Steamer')"
            notice the name has a ' in it so needs to be escaped.

you can probably pass the name of product and auto fill the next page form by using javascript.
            put your product vars into javascript vars and use javascript to put those values into your querystring for going to next page.
            on the next page u do the same thing. read the querystring and put the values into the form inputs.

note: when using inline javascript that runs at the moment it hits on the page to reference the form on the page the form will have to be closed before it hits your javascript. otherwise you will either put it into a function that is call (when button is clicked) or you put it into a function that will be added to the window.onLoad

Doug

Comment

Working...
            X