Custom Listing templates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Listing templates?

Can we create custom (or additional) listing templates to be used in the category advanced options? We have the need to add thousands of products and would like a listing template that just includes a basic list view, no images, brief description, etc. Is there a template for that, or could one existing be modified and then added to the listing templates that can be used?
    Thanks in advance! :)
    www.concession-supply.com

I did something similar for a set of my products (I think this is what you are referring to).

99% of my products use a standard (default) listing template. I modified it from an original template and then dropped it into my folder.

I also figured out a way to use kits with some of the advanced options and a custom template. This way a customer just needs to order part number 123456 and it will include a series of part numbers (kind of takes the guess work out of it for the customer). When the part is ordered it correctly emails the vendors and breaksdown the order into individual componets. Example. I have an HVAC Upgrade for the military Huvmee. They just order 1 part number and it includes all the harnesses, parts, wiring, etc that they would have needed to order one by one.

So if you are wanting to do something similar you just need to change the listing template to the custom template that you create.

If this makes no sense...blame the lack of coffee

Comment

Oh, yes, tell us more on the "kit". That sounds like a great idea. Does it create a seperate order for all of the pieces that make up the kit? That would be great for us.
      On the other subject, we need to list "parts" or individual tiny sub-components. We have no images and don't really need any as the part number is self-explanitory and is all that is needed to order parts.

Comment

it treats it just like an other order that a customer buys. It combines it based on distributor. The only downside that I found is you can't assign a qty to them so you need to specify each part individually...ie if the kit requires 2 you need to break out each part twice.

I have 2 different Kits.
        1) Pick and Choose what you want. I did this for my filters. I have 1 filter part number (kit) and then the customer picks which they need. Takes the guesswork out of knowing which exact part they need

2) Order 1 part get multiple items. As explained above.
        Last edited by doberer; 01-25-2011, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but, I just can't follow how you created kits that combined multiple parts into one order. Sound interesting, but, just don't know how to accomplish that. Is there a knowledgebase article or any reference on how to do that?
          Thanks in advance. :)

Comment

create a part number like you normally would
            under options add the parts like you want

For a "kit" that you don't want them to select the parts (just buy 1 part and include many items)

Here is where it was customized by me to work

Main Options
            Option Name = Components
            Required = True (meaning it will check to make sure you didn't add zero qty)
            Type = Text

Option Set: "Components"
            Description: Part 1
            Value: 0
            Custom Item: select your part

Repeat for additional items

Comment

Okay, thanks for the reply.
              That's pretty tricky to setup, but, we will try a go at it.

Comment

let me know if you have any questions

Comment

Options

Do you create a mass upload of the custom items? If so, how?

Originally posted by doberer View Post
                  create a part number like you normally would
                  under options add the parts like you want

For a "kit" that you don't want them to select the parts (just buy 1 part and include many items)

Here is where it was customized by me to work

Main Options
                  Option Name = Components
                  Required = True (meaning it will check to make sure you didn't add zero qty)
                  Type = Text

Option Set: "Components"
                  Description: Part 1
                  Value: 0
                  Custom Item: select your part

Repeat for additional items
                  Shana
                  http://www.SimplySolutionsInc.com
                  Office, Janitorial, Safety, and Foodservice Supplies

Comment

Working...
                  X