Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site review - WWW.ALOOKOFYOUROWN.COM

http://www.alookofyourown.com

Please be as critical as you'd like. I'd like to know if there's anything that pops out as a "problem". Doesn't have to be limited to functionality either.

My own critique:

1. The cart on the top right has to be a little more visible (bigger fonts perhaps or maybe just white text instead of the black

2. Text on the "Email to a friend" feature is black (needs to be white)

3. Most likely going to swap out the flash on the front page. You would think most people would know to install the flash player as IE prompts you to do so. I've had some friends complain that nothing "loaded" in the flash section.

Also, any advice you can give on waging a nice little marketing campaign would be much appreciated. What am I looking at cost wise? I'm not sure where to start...Google Adwords, Froogle? What has everyone found to be the most cost effective?
    Last edited by tsopranos; 09-04-2006, 10:11 PM.

Hi tsopranos, I think your site looks good. The categories are very clear to me and was easy for me to navigate your site.

1. I think your font size and colors are ok. The focus should be on your products and why you are the right Company for the consumer. As a consumer I would have no problem viewing the cart, though I could not fully test it as all of the products I viewed were listed as "out of stock."

2. The "Email to friend" I viewed was black text on a white background. I don't see where you could use white text. Once again, I would want this to be subtle to have your potential customer concentrate on the product.

3. I would keep the Flash. I don't have the figure in front of me, but I have read the percentage of users that have Flash installed is very high. We used it for 3 years on a travel site with maybe 10 complaints in three years.

In regards to promotion - Get an account setup with Google, It's Free. 3DCart is able to pull your products with their Froogle export. BTW - Google has changed the "Froggle" name to "Google Base." This service is Free.

Google Adwords can be very expensive. It depends on your competition and how much they are willing to bid on seach terms. You can limit the $'s per day so you don't blow your monthly budget the first week. That way you can test the clickthru % and see if they convert to sales. We have used it for the last 3 or 4 years for our travel site and for our automotive site listed below. It has been helpful, but not our sole source of referrals.

I hope this helps.

Feel free to critique our site - www.4Filters.com We have it about 90% redone and would love to hear your comments. Good and bad. :)

Regards,
    William

Comment

Hi tsopranos!

I think your site looks really nice! I'm not usually a big fan of "reds" but the colors work very well together and are quite elegant!

I agree with the white link color for the "clear cart" and "checkout" links. White would look better and stand out a bit more.

I wonder about the black font color in the "What's New" and "Best Sellers" buttons. Not sure what color works better, just wondering if something other than the black might be better? Who knows... (?)

Very nice looking site!

~fr_k

Comment

Originally posted by WFox
        2. The "Email to friend" I viewed was black text on a white background. I don't see where you could use white text. Once again, I would want this to be subtle to have your potential customer concentrate on the product.
        It's actually on the pop-up window after you click the "Email to a friend" link (text is black)

Other than that, thanks for all the great advice William!

Also frik, thanks for the feedback...much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X