Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using Up Front buttons from theFIND?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig60
    replied
    Originally posted by concession-supply.com View Post
    Yes, I remeber Gonzalo had mentioned that png images don't work with transparency when resizing, either. Bummer. Not sure why png has to be such an issue, and, if it is known to be an issue, why web plugins would be designedd using it!!!! :(
    I agree. PNG is probably not the best choice for that graphic. It would be nice if they would at least have the OPTION of using something other than a PNG, if it was giving problems for some users. PNG does have some advantages, though. On my store, I use a PNG to draw the headers above the various sections on the left banner. (The shaded line effect...) On the negative side, even the 3dcart design team couldn't get that working properly under IE6 during my initial design work. After a TON of research, I finally found some javascript that made it work under IE6.

Leave a comment:

• concession-supply.com
    replied
    Yes, I remeber Gonzalo had mentioned that png images don't work with transparency when resizing, either. Bummer. Not sure why png has to be such an issue, and, if it is known to be an issue, why web plugins would be designedd using it!!!! :(

Leave a comment:

• Craig60
    replied
    We added the button, but, unfortunately, it has a black background. I assume the background appears because it's a png image? Does anyone know how to remove the background? It looks a lot less clean than their sample. :(
    The button on your site looks good on firefox. You might be running into the problem where certain version of IE don't render transparency properly on PNG images.

Leave a comment:

• concession-supply.com
    replied
    We added the button, but, unfortunately, it has a black background. I assume the background appears because it's a png image? Does anyone know how to remove the background? It looks a lot less clean than their sample. :(

Leave a comment:

• Craig60
    replied
    There appears to be a "free" upFront button you can place on your home page or product pages and were curious if any 3dcart merchants are using it and their thoughts or comments.
    Thanks in advance. :)
    I wasn't aware of it until your post, but we see quite a bit of traffic from thefind.com, so I added it to our left banner at http://store.stsi.com They claim to give merchants who add the badge higher placement in their search results.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• wcsjohn
    replied
    Interesting concept. I'm an avid online shoppter and have never heard of it. Wonder how much traction they have.

Leave a comment:

• Anyone using Up Front buttons from theFIND?

There appears to be a "free" upFront button you can place on your home page or product pages and were curious if any 3dcart merchants are using it and their thoughts or comments.
    Thanks in advance. :)
Working...
X