X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maksum
    replied
    Originally posted by cbsteven View Post
    We've been using Authorize.net for 3-4 years now. You can shop around for various Authorize.net resellers to find a good rate. We use Wells Fargo but I'm sure there are cheaper out there. I highly recommend them as a very transparent credit card payment method on your site, and virtually every card processing-related software out there is integrated with them.
    We used Authorize.net for 3 years, then switched to VirtualMerchant because of the better rates... And then switched back to authorize.net because the extra cost is well worth the ease of use, the extra security features, the ability to charge an existing transaction (say the customer emails and decides to add something to an order) without having to collect the credit card information directly from the customer again, and more. We're very happy with authorize.net as well. VirtualMerchant was not a good experience for us.

Leave a comment:

• mondo
    replied
    We use PP pro and are very happy. Follow the rules but you don't have to make it look like PP is the only option.

Paypal express is required in the cart if you use PP pro. It's for PP users (and of course a PP promo). If the customer isn't a PP user most probably don't even see it, they just hit proceed to checkout.

You can move the thing to somewhere no one can find it and you still meet the requirements of having it on the cart.

You can also make your continue checkout buttons larger. (we did on our other site) to be larger than the express button.

Once they hit the continue checkout button they stay on your site and do a CC transaction that's seamless and has no PP references.
    Last edited by mondo; 04-27-2010, 07:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HDL
    replied
    Thanks!

That's my goal. Now, if I could only get someone to actually find my site in an organic way...

Leave a comment:

• Mikey
    replied
    Site looks very good. Makes me want to brew a 2nd pot of coffee.

Leave a comment:

• cbsteven
    replied
    We've been using Authorize.net for 3-4 years now. You can shop around for various Authorize.net resellers to find a good rate. We use Wells Fargo but I'm sure there are cheaper out there. I highly recommend them as a very transparent credit card payment method on your site, and virtually every card processing-related software out there is integrated with them.

Leave a comment:

• HDL
    replied
    Thanks

Funny, there is a credit card option. That's what Paypal Webpayments Pro is all about. It provides a CC option AFTER you click Proceed to Checkout. But you're first offered Paypal. Which, I'm afraid, turns people off. Authorize.net, however is simply a payment gateway. They don't process cards. It's also really expensive. What do you use? What's your experience. Thanks for the feedback.

Leave a comment:

• cbsteven
    replied
    I like the layout. Very clean.
    I dont know how integrated Webpayments Pro is but I think it's important to offer a payment method that doesn't require someone to sign up for a service. I recommend Authorize.net

Leave a comment:

• HDL
    started a topic New Site

New Site

Let me know what you think of my new site. I'm so ambivalent about Paypal, but Webpayments Pro is incredibly affordable - at least for my new business which has VERY low sales at this early stage. Do you think Paypal turns off B2B customers? What do you think of the site from a user perspective? Thanks.

inbru.com
    Last edited by HDL; 03-27-2010, 01:18 PM. Reason: spelling error
Working...
X