Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gigahertz6
    replied
    3. speaking of your email, set up an @woodlandatv.com email address. Gives you a more professional look.

I definitely agree with this statement; when you have your own domain, using a yahoo (or any other web based) address just sends the wrong message to your customers.

The text on your homepage that states, "Welcome to Woodland ATV..." is a little large and looks awkward to me (IMHO).

It appears you have tweaked your site since the first post. All in all, you're off to a great start!

If I may ask, how are you modifying your page(s)? Through the 3dcart admin panel or something like Adobe Dreamweaver?

Leave a comment:

• Little Monkey
    replied
    Congrats on the new site! I know (as we all do here) how much time these things take and will continue to take.

My only suggestions are for your "About Us" page.

1. A short write-up, even just 3 or 4 sentences about your love of ATV-ing (sp?) would be really beneficial. People like to know you actually know something about what you're selling. Puts a face behind the business which is still very important to people today, even for online shopping.

2. link your email address so people can click on it and their email client pops up, makes it much easier.

3. speaking of your email, set up an @woodlandatv.com email address. Gives you a more professional look.

Good luck!
    Julie

Leave a comment:

• MissHTML
    replied
    Oh and remove the Powered by 3dcart blurb at the bottom of the frame page.

Leave a comment:

• MissHTML
    replied
    Looks like a good start. I would recommend definitely getting a logo made, in today's times branding is extremely important as everyone has a web site presence. That would be the main thing I see in your site that would need to be addressed now. Otherwise it will be just constant tweeking and updating. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• deerefun
    replied
    Remove the text that says that the site is under construction. Google hates that.

Leave a comment:

• Mikey
    replied
    I started making the changes you suggested Joe. Stiil not quite done, but I think its looking better now. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Mikey
    replied
    Thank you for the feedback.

Leave a comment:

• mondo
    replied
    Yes the header should be only about 100-150px high other than that great start.
    Last edited by mondo; 04-10-2010, 04:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mikey
    replied
    Thanks for your time and feedback Joe, that defineatly helps a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Chef_Joe
    replied
    Hey. Welcome to 3dCart!

My first impressions of the site would be this:

Switch over to a fixed-width design. Currently, everything stretches too far across the screen.

Your logo field has wayyy too much height. The navigation bar doesn't start until half way down the page. Try and draw that information up as tight to the top as possible. This way, more information about what you are selling will be present before the fold when someone visits your site.

Remove any categories that have ZERO products. People may click around and see empty categories. They are guaranteed to leave. I learned this the hard way. Create your categories as you add products to them. Your site will be building up as you go, instead of trying to "fill it in".

Wipe out the 3dCart Category Index and build a Site Map on your own. This way, you can control the layout and make it look nice and pretty. It is more work, but it will allow your Site Map to be "usable" to your visitors.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!

Leave a comment:

• Mikey
    started a topic New member-new site-feedback appreciated

New member-new site-feedback appreciated

Hello everyone, new member here. I am a big ATV enthusiast and decided to start a business selling ATV parts online. After going though two web designers who werent getting anything done, I found 3 D Cart in Google search and was impressed with what I could do with my very limited computer skills, so I signed up. This is what I have done so far... https://www.woodlandatv.com/ Any feedback, especially negative would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike :)
Working...
X