Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use a different frame template on content pages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use a different frame template on content pages?

I am experimenting with a custom checkout page that will go in front of the current checkout pages (see http://yourcablestoretest.3dcartstor..._ep_146-1.html)

To do this I created a new pre checkout page as a site content page. I have been able to get everything to work and the only problem with this is that the shopping cart shows up when this page is loaded (I would actually like to remove everything but the top menu and banner). Does anyone know how to do this?

There is a section on the page where you edit site content called frame template. Does anyone know how you would create a new frame template to use here? I have tried editing frame.html and uploading it with a new file name but I can't figure out how to get it to show up as in the drop down as a option and there appears to be no documentation for it in the 3dcart knowledge base.
    Last edited by yourcablestore.com; 05-05-2010, 12:26 PM. Reason: link changed
    Nathan
    www.YourCableStore.com

If you tried the link it has changed since 3dcart had to reset the testing site. The test pre checkout page is at http://yourcablestoretest.3dcartstor..._ep_146-1.html
    Nathan
    www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

Check settings/design/titles and content.
      If your template shows up there click edit and there should be a check box to hide left and right content

If it doesn't show up there you will probably... (I'm no guru here but makes sense) have to start your page with <html> /copy and paste the frame in/replace the middle content area with your page code/remove the right content code then finish the page with </html>

Comment

Thank you. I did want to try turning of the left and right columns on the regular checkout pages to see how that looks.

What I was looking for is a little different. I wanted to hide the columns on a content page (the type of page your policies are usually on). 3dcart seems to have a built in way to do it but there is no docmentation and the couple of things I have tried have not worked. I think I will have to do is just create my own custom page instead of using the built in content system.
        Nathan
        www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

Working...
        X