Tab Content Panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tab Content Panels

We are just starting with our tabbed content panels and need to know if they look okay in your browser. Our test product is here: http://www.concession-supply.com/Gol...ine_p_276.html

Also, anyone know how to change the background color of a pdf in the Tab panel we have listed as PDF Spec Sheet?.?
    Feedback welcomed. Keep in mind, this is our first attempt at this in this listing template.
    Thanks in advance :)
    Last edited by concession-supply.com; 05-20-2010, 10:10 PM.
    www.concession-supply.com

Looks great on my system (I use Internet Explorer 8). The only minor thing I noticed is on the specifications tab - it looks like there could be a little more space between the bullet points on the text and the left border of the tab. Currently the bullet points touch the left border.

Other than that - looks great to me!

Comment

Thanks!
      Yes, we can't figure out how to "pad" the content panel itself!
      The settings for the content panel specify 4px padding, but, obviously this does not work. And, we couldn't figure out how to "pad a <li> list item. &nbsp; doesn't work.
      We are still trying to get this to work. other hurdles are that if you use the "related items" feature, the tab content wont display at all on the pages. So, we're still trying to figure that one out. But, we like the code.....so far. :)

Comment

Did you use the same code (I believe from Dynamic Drive) that Gonzalo recommended in a recent post? I've been planning to try that out.

Comment

Check this out: http://forums.3dcart.com/new-feature...uct-pages.html

Some great stuff in there. :)
          This is a work in progress. And I found how to render the pdf with the embed tag.
          I did have a question on tabbed content with regard to SEO. Is the content crawled? Or does it have to be called up on mouse click to render?

Comment

Whooops, another stumbling block. On one of the tabs we have a dynamically called embedded pdf. (/assets/images/[mfgid].pdf). If there is no pdf for that product, an adobe error occurs and breaks the page. :(
            Anyone know a workaround?
            Thanks in advance. :)

Comment

I DEFINITELY want to add tabs on our product page. It makes it so much more cleaner looking. We haven't gotten to adding this yet, as this will probably end up being a big project for me. I would love to see this as an added feature in 3Dcart!

Comment

OK, so dumb question maybe. How do you add the content for the tabs? Where does it come from? I'm guessing you have to manually type it in for each product - that it doesn't auto-populate from somewhere? I wish it would!

Jennie

Comment

the content is from a usable variable. Such as [extended-description] , [name], [short_description], etc. in order to use a variable, it must be allowed on that page, and also you need to use the comment tags for that specific variable in order for it to work.
                  So, you would need <!-- START:Extended_Description-->[extend_desc]<!--END:Extended_Description--> in order for that content to populate. That's what we've found out so far....

Comment

the content is from a usable variable. Such as [extended-description] , [name], [short_description], etc.
                    Oh, great. That's very helpful info. Thanks!! I can see how it all will work now... :)

Comment

The tabs would be great and we would love to implement them. However I don't want to experiment on our live site. How are you all doing this? Having a broken website costs money in lost orders and we can't afford that. How can we implement these to work out the bugs without it breaking our whole site?

Thanks,
                      Ken
                      www.watchbandsolutions.com

Comment

You can use an alt template like LISTING-2 FOE EX

Comment

Ok, Thanks. I know this is another stupid question but I just don't understand a lot of things so if you are willing ....

After changing the listing 2 template how do I call it up to view it in the shopping cart?

Thanks,
                          Ken
                          www.WatchbandSolutions.com

Comment

The different listing templates are called from the categories advanced config page. Hope this helps. You can choose the category display type (template) and the product display type (listing template)

_0 = Style 1
                            _1 = Style 2
                            etc

What we did is copy the listing_0 template multiple times and gave it a new name in the common folder.
                            So, in our common folder we have:
                            listing_0
                            listing_1
                            listing_2
                            listing_3
                            listing_4
                            once you have multiple files, the category admin will show the different styles available.
                            so, we have 5 different templates to work with.
                            some have the tabbed panel content, some don't, other mods, etc :D

Comment

So much confusion as the information is all over the place. Its like there is solution to each part, but the parts aren't in sequence. There needs to be a step by step guide with this tabbed thing.

Starting with the j script installation, which is the best script to use, where to download it, which folder it goes into ... to which html file (product_listing) to insert the script, where to insert the tags, how to use the tags for special cases like video, reviews, better if with screen shots ...

or 3dcart can code it so we can just click a checkbox and it will turn on.

Comment

Working...
                              X