Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Seals

I don't know if this is the right section for this question but;

Does anyone use any seals or logos on their site to boost consumer confidence? BBB, TRUSTe, Macafee, Trustguard, Validated Site, and VeriSign Trust; are just a few that I've been reading about. I've been reading in several blogs & forums that it does boost consumer confidence. But they never say which or what is best. I know some are not cheap.

I think showing the SSL Logo is a given.

Currently we use the BBB, and of course our SSL seal. Each month we get a report by email from the BBB telling us how many times each month our BBB profile was accessed from their seal on our website, and each month the number of inquiries is substantial. I believe their rates vary by region, but here it is $400 per year, which is much less than most other programs. It has been very beneficial for us.

In the past we have tried other things like McAfee and Verisign, but couldn't justify their cost in the long run. There was no change in our conversion rate, and these cost at least $900 per year. They didn't appear to make a difference.
    Laura Z
    Brass & Silver Traditions
    www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

I second the BBB--have had quite a few customers tell us that the BBB seal was the reason they chose to buy from us.

Comment

We tried McAfee and saw no difference in sales both when we started with them and when we stopped. We had them for a year and no improvement. Their hype was just that.

They are not worth the money. BBB on the other hand is worth it in our minds. We have many people contact them about our rating and then buy from us.

Ken
        www.watchbandsolutions.com

Comment

We actually use ScanAlert, but as others have said, I really am not sure it has made any difference with our customers. Unlike the bbb, we don't receive any type of reports...I wish we did.

For those of you who don't use something like ScanAlert, how do you make sure you are PCI compliant?

Comment

I consider this to be covered by virtue of using a PCI compliant host. Also, we have our SSL certificate displayed on our site, which icon declares our site security in much the same way as McAfee for hundreds of dollars per year less expense.
            Laura Z
            Brass & Silver Traditions
            www.brassandsilvertraditions.com

Comment

Sarah Inc,

We rely on 3dcart being honest that their hosted shopping cart is PCI compliant.

McAfee/ScanAlert/Hackersafe are fine if you want to spend the money but if 3dcart is lying they would face some extremely serious fines and criminal charges. We are talking millions of dollars of transactions through their shopping cart from their customers. There is no way they will get out of trouble if they are not compliant.

In addition they offer a free McAfee account for a limited time when a new customer signs up. So if they were not compliant then all new sign ups would know right away and it would be news we would all hear about.

We can't mess with the code that runs our sites so we can't break the PCI compliance of 3dcarts system.

Hope this helps,
              Ken

Comment

Originally posted by watchdr View Post
                Sarah Inc,

We rely on 3dcart being honest that their hosted shopping cart is PCI compliant.

McAfee/ScanAlert/Hackersafe are fine if you want to spend the money but if 3dcart is lying they would face some extremely serious fines and criminal charges. We are talking millions of dollars of transactions through their shopping cart from their customers. There is no way they will get out of trouble if they are not compliant.
                As I said, we use ScanAlert, and 99.9% of the time we are PCI compliant, but at least a couple times a year one of our daily scans turns up an Alert that puts us out of compliance. I contact 3dart ASAP, and they fix whatever the issue is, but obviously without ScanAlert I would have never known, and thus would 3dcart have?

I was by no means suggesting they were/are lying. I was mearly questioning how others stay PCI compliant if they don't use a feature such as ScanAlert. I have been using ScanAlert for years, and the cost has actually gotten cheaper, but not using it would be cheaper yet. So just curious...

Thanks for the input.

Comment

I don't display the SSL seal (never got around to it) so I don't know if that makes a difference but moving our own SSL certificate from 3dcarts shared SSL seems to have made a big difference in site conversions. When we swithed over to our own SSL our conversion rate went from a very consitent 4-5% to a stead 7-10%.
                  Nathan
                  www.YourCableStore.com

Comment

Working...
                  X