Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tclifesafety
    replied
    @Brassandsilver - thank you for taking the time to write.

I wish I could say the Ask a Question feature was my idea - I found another 3dcart user who re-purposed the Recommend a Friend form in a similar way.

Regarding the images, I've uploaded higher-resolution images for some, but not all of the products. I may disable the 3dzoom until they're all updated - but it's such a cool feature!

@DaveW - thanks for the reply. The Ask a Question form is actually the Recommend a Friend form, re-tooled.

The trick is to change both "friend" input fields (friendname and friendemail) to hidden so they don't show, then change the values so it comes to you instead of the visitors' friend.

The friendname input field looks like this:
    Code:
    <input name="friendname" type="hidden" value="Ask a Question Form" size="35" class="txtBoxStyle">
    The friendemail input field looks like this:
    Code:
    <input name="friendmail" type="hidden" size="25" class="txtBoxStyle" value="[email protected]">
    Thank you both for taking the time to reply. Happy Thanksgiving!

Leave a comment:

• DaveW
    replied
    I like it too. How did you do that Ask a question form?

DaveW

Leave a comment:

• brassandsilver
    replied
    I love love love the Ask Question link you put with each product. What a great way to use the contact form. Awesome idea.

It looks like all your photos (At least the ones I looked at were) are still just thumbnails? I might suggest turning off the zoom feature until you have larger photos. Right now when I click the pics I just get another thumbnail when I would expect a larger photo. Still, it looks great. Very clean and well organized. Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• tclifesafety
    replied
    Thank you!
    3dCart designed the site for me. I think they did a fantastic job! They used tabber to create the tabs on the front page and product detail pages. Unfortnately the content is static (only gripe I have, but it wasn't avoidable).

I created the top menu with a program called Sothink DHTML Menu 9.

Regarding the sub-categories, I just haven't gotten to all of the images yet. I wanted to make sure the main and 1st level subs all had images, then figured I'd get to the rest later.

Thanks for taking the time to reply - I appreciate it!
    Last edited by tclifesafety; 11-23-2010, 04:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Evolution
    replied
    VERY sharp looking.

I especially like the tabs on the home page and the top menu (did you use suckerfish?). Is the categories tab dynamic or static?

One thing that I noticed was that the sub categories didn't stand out as links on pages like http://totalcomputing.3dcartstores.com/nplf-cable.html . That's probably just some missed images since most of the other ones I hit had them.

Great site overall :D

Leave a comment:

• tclifesafety
    started a topic Looking for Feedback on New 3dCart Site

Looking for Feedback on New 3dCart Site

Hi all,
    I'm finally at the end of migrating my Monster 4x store over to 3dCart (thank God!).

Except for some housekeeping stuff, I'm pretty much done with the design and content parts of the new site and would really appreciate some constructive feedback/criticism from other users.

http://totalcomputing.3dcartstores.com

Thank you!
Working...
X